Intro Riff - Brown Eyed Girl

My first Riff… yeh! So…been practicing this for a while. I thought I’d never get a clean take. Not perfect… and need to speed it up. Should be able to add it to my next cover of the full song in the future.

9 Likes

Awesome! A good choice for a first riff, too.

You’ve got the basic riff under your fingers. As you say, now it’s just a matter of getting it smoothly up to speed. You’ll get there!

Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Thank you Jason…It’s not as easy as it looks…I’m really happy with it though

Well done. Coming along nicely. :+1:

1 Like

Well done Sandy, just practice and it will come! Maybe split it up into shorter chunks and practice the harder ones first.

1 Like

Great start! And such a classic riff, no mistaking what you’re working on. Keep at it, it’ll get there

1 Like

Cool - if it’s recognizable then I didn’t mess it up too much. Thanks Mari

1 Like

Your approach is an example we can all follow, Sandra. Love it that you post these work-in-progress videos, that show what is possible with practice. I look forward to the day when you post the whole songs with the intro riff included.

1 Like

Nice! I struggled with that one. I agree it is harder than it looks and although slow, the tempo was even. Very cool!

1 Like

I’ve been trying that riff from Justin’s book this last week…so hard! I’m guessing it might be easier on electric, but I’m all acoustic for now.

Well done Sandy. All the building blocks are there, practice will bring it together and allow it to flow. Doing great ! :sunglasses:

It’s my way to approach a song by working it per block, if not I get overwhelmed and think, I can never do it.

the hardest part for me is the pinky and strumming the right chords… all of it is difficult.

Very nice Sandy.

Congratulations on your first riff. Aren’t they hard work? I find the hardest part is getting the rhythm right.

1 Like

Hard grueling work…doing it over and over and over…for me it’s hitting the right string with pick and finger

I liked it, Sandra! I’m also impressed that you rarely look down at your fretting hand. Well done!

1 Like

Something good to build on. I heard the intro riff in there. Nice one!

1 Like

Thanks Pam… I only look at my fretting hand when I first learn the sequence, then after, I practice without looking cos If I do, I’m done… everything goes haywire.

At least you recognized it…that’s a good sign

2 Likes

Your putting in your time and commitment doing what you love. It’ll get up to speed and you’ll learn all the other riffs a little bit quicker. That’s what I believe.

1 Like