Intro to Natloz

I am from Canada and have been dabbling with guitar for over 20 years, but was always somewhat stagnated. Played a lot of improv music and even landed on the 3rd stage of Lollapalooza in the 90’s in Vancouver.

My focus now is to refine my playing, learn music theory, and to continue to progress rather than falling into a comfortable rut.

I primarily play electric/acoustic 6 string, with some occasional classical on nylon strings. I have a MIM Fender SSS setup with a Marshall amp and Line6 multi-effects processor. I like to record using a Tascam DP-006 and I like to do final mix and video in Reaper DAW.

As I learn songs, I find them to be complete when I can play them by heart and have a solid recording… then I can move on to the next!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum. There’s quite a few of us Canadians Here.

3 Likes

We need stuff to do during our long winters!

1 Like

Welcome Zoltan,
I wish you a lot of fun here and with learning your theory :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more from you… Was playing a few songs on my acoustic friend to a Canadian friend who’s visiting Australia.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Canadians are everywhere

3 Likes

It was great meeting him. We met online through corporate conference calls 18 years ago and have become good friends along the way. This was the first time we’ve met in person. He’s got that chilled Canadian persona that’s stereotyped regularly.

2 Likes

Welcome Zoltan :exclamation: You’ll love it. A bunch of nice people and good energies around. :smiley: :smile: :grin:

BigLuc from Île d’Orléans (Québec,Canada) :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome! Sounds like you have had some incredible experience in the past, can’t wait to hear some of your playing, if you feel like sharing at any stage. Love Canada! Have great memories from there when I got to visit when I was 11 years old (spring 1990). We travelled from Vancouver to Saskatchewan for a wedding of a family friend. Beautiful contrasts in terrain and vistas! Also, for someone from NZ where I can get from coast to coast in say 4 hours, the country seemed immense! A lasting memory was of waiting forever for this freight train to pass, I swear to this day that the carriages would have stretched halfway across New Zealand if it had been here! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I have a good friend in New Zealand that I met in Canada! An adventurous fellow. Thanks for sharing your Canadian experience!

2 Likes

Hello again Zoltan and welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Zoltan, enjoy the time here, keep on learning, playing and having fun.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator