Introducing myself Greg from Portland Or

Hey - another good Elvis song is ‘Reconsider Baby’ very blues based song.

1 Like

Hi Greg,

I’m also in Portland, west side close to HIllsboro. I was intrigued by the Bandmakers you talked about. It got me to realize that I should switch from just using my acoustic to using both it and my Stratocaster, to help me get more motivation to practice. Although I started using JustinGuitar back in mid-2020, I’ve not been a regular practicer for probably two years. I was wondering how you liked the Bankmakers, if you did try it out.

Best,
Bob

Hello there!
Yea I think bandmakers was good, unfortunately we didn’t get through the entire 10 week session as several folks encountered conflicts. However, it was good as we picked songs to play and then worked on them. Started out a bit rough but started to fine tune them. I think the big thing was picking songs, then you had to come home and work on them and try to perfect them before the next session. It’s also fun to have that music dialog between the members. So I think if you haven’t had the opportunity to play with a band, it definitely helps. I say give it a go…great learning experience

gcw

1 Like

For anyone in the area looking for a great place to learn and jam with others, checkout: http://communityjams.org.

Hey thanks for this - I think I might have to check it out. Always looking for new ways and people and genre’s to jam with - Thanks