Introducing myself - Nick from Kagoshima, Japan

Hello. I have been using the Justinguitar website for quite a few years, but this is the first time I’ve stepped out to introduce myself.

I have been learning and playing guitar, primarily electric, for about 40 years now. My musical interests are wide, though I’m mostly a blues rock guitarist. Having said that, I mostly listen to progressive rock - both old and new (Pink Floyd, Genesis Yes, Marillion, Pendragon and IQ to name a few).

Recently I’ve been working through Justin’s transcribing course as this an area that I find myself being very weak in.

Over the last few years, a friend and I have been writing songs under the name 2 Magnetic East - our songs are on YouTube, Bandcamp and Spotify. It would be great if anyone took the time to give them a listen and give us some feedback.

I have been in the Kagoshima area of Japan since 1995, though I’m originally from Leicester in the UK.

I look forward to interacting with as many people as possible in this community.

Thanks

7 Likes

Hey Nicholas, welcome to the community, nice to hear from you.

2 Likes

Hi Nicholas
Welcome ,and I’d say now that you’re stepping out of the shadows, :sunglasses: be an active member and make a video and post it, the comments will appear automatically…I’m looking forward to it anyway (but I’m not going to search directly on you tube)
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Nicholas and welcome to the community. Settle in and join in. We’re all one happy family under one musical roof, helping and encouraging those who need it and applauding everyone’s achievements too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Nick

2 Likes

Welcome Nicholas.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will try to get on and video myself.

1 Like

Hello Nicholas and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! I think it is good for everyone here to see postings from people who have really succeeded using JustinGuitar as their basis! Very in encouraging and just awesome in general. Thanks for introducing yourself and joining us!

2 Likes