Introduction from guitar newbie Kathy aka Mrs T in Bedfordshire

Hi,
Newbie here. Just got my first guitar (wedding anniversary gift from wonderful husband). He is called Joe, guitar not husband, a 1995 Epiphone Gibson Les Paul model, wonderful hubby is called Andy.

Looking forward to many happy years together with guitar and husband x

Kathy x

11 Likes

Welcome to the community. Love it when people name their guitars and can’t for the life of me understand when they dont.

2 Likes

Ullo Mrs T :yum:

It’s Mr T :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum - of course I could have just turned to my left and said that, but I thought I’d do it here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Kathryn, now we can take two truly, two Thornes.

Wish you loads of fun playing with Joe and learning with Andy

2 Likes

Could admin please move my intro to the intro section please x

Many thanks

KathyTake2

1 Like

Hello Kathy,
Welcome here and i wish you loads of fun :grin: :sunglasses:
And how handy that you can now communicate with each other via the forum as an alternative source :joy:… please keep it tidy … :smiling_face: :wink:
Greetings ,Rogier

4 Likes

And I don’t understand the point of naming a guitar.

But I suspect that mine have names for me. :smile:

2 Likes

That could be a complicated threesome but I suspect you’ll cope. If not shout for help.

Welcome Kathy nice to meet you.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome Kathy, Joe and Andy :grin:

It’s a ‘yes’ from me on that one.

2 Likes

I also like the idea of ​​putting your priorities in the right order :sunglasses: :smile:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community Kathy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi KathyTake2
Welcome to the community. Do you have a photo of your guitar?

2 Likes

Hi Kathy, welcome to the JG community, you will find that we’re a friendly lot; and someone will always be ready to give help and advice on any guitar related subject (and a few other instruments).
Have fun learning to play that Les Paul, it’s a great guitar to learn with. It would be really nice to see what it looks like, it’s a bit of a tradition on here that any new guitars or anything guitar related gets to be seen :joy: we all have that curiosity thing!
One of the things that you must be aware of is GAS aka Gear acquisition syndrome, i.e. the need for more toys :joy:, it’s this illness that seems to be more prevalent in the ranks of guitarists for some reason; beware it creeps up on you!
Good luck, have fun and join in and enjoy yourself!

3 Likes

A long overdue hello and welcome from me Kathy.
Your original post got buried and fell off the radar in the uncategorised section.
I think it is great when family members learn together, a way to share the pain, the pleasure, the ups and downs of learning guitar.
We have all of us been through the process, some are still in the early stages, some a little further along.
Whenever you need help, encouragement, banter etc etc the community is a warm, friendly and welcoming place.
Cheers
Richard :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello Kathy, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
What a wonderful idea to learn playing the guitar together with your husband :star_struck:.
I’m a beginner myself and so grateful for having found Justins course and this forum :slightly_smiling_face:.
I wish you lots of fun with Joe and Andy along your guitar journey :smiley:.

3 Likes

Hello Kathy and welcome :grinning:

My husband and I play together as well (he is learning drums) and not only is it great for learning how to play with other musicians, it is a lot of fun! I would also love to see a photo of your guitar if you are willing to share sometime.

Enjoy your guitar journey! :guitar:

2 Likes

Welcome Kathy. Hope you and Mr. T play together, playing with others is so much fun.

1 Like

Hi, there should hopefully be a photo of my guitar on the right. It’s an Epiphone Les Paul model from 1995. Sorry forgot to mention, he is called Joe after my favourite guitarist Joe Bonamassa x

cheers Kathy T x

10 Likes

Beautiful guitar!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Welcome, Kathy! Glad that you are here. Especially with your sense of humour, I think you will fit right in here :blush:

And 2nd that on the beautiful guitar!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes