Introduction - hello everyone, Mike here

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I’ve been a big fan of Justin’s for quite some time now. I started to learn guitar on my own like most of us, right! Then I realized how can I teach myself something I know nothing about? Kind of foolish thinking if I put it like this; “ I think I’m going to play shortstop for the Yankees”.

So in 2021 I decided to take some lessons which introduced me to the fretboard and strumming chords. I’ve watched dozens of videos Justin made and is why I’m here introducing myself. Big fan and I hope to learn from all of you to help me down my path.

I would say I’m an intermediate-level guitarist. But I say that because of the challenges I’ve overcome and those same mountains you all have climbed.
Look forward to meeting you all.

Music taste(playing on guitar)
12-Bar Blues
Funk
Improvising over loops
Metal
Rock
Classical
I think ever genre actually has something that catches my ear. Almost :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Welcome to the Community Michael.
Stick close to Justin’s lessons, and reach our here anytime.

All the best.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

:wave:, welcome to the group Michael.

R

1 Like

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

Hi Michael.
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Michael!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Mike

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Mike! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’m still climbing most of those mountains, but it is a GREAT place. Welcome!

Edit to fix weird wordage.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Mike!

1 Like

Hi Mike
Welcome to the community :grinning: :sunflower:

1 Like

Hiya Mike and welcome! Too many mountains but at least all the climbs are enjoyable :wink:

Thanks. And thanks for all the warm welcomes. You are certainly correct about the mountains, but some aren’t as enjoyable as others. I spent three months on the rhythmical pyramid😳

2 Likes

Hi Mike, welcome to the community forum. I’m starting to make the transition to intermediate level guitar, after a couple of years with Justin lessons, but after 40+ years of trying to teach myself. Perhaps you could make a post in the learning log section and share some of the things you are practicing for the different types of guitar music you are playing. I look forward to eventually seeing and/or hearing some of your playing in the future.

1 Like