Is Classic guitar anything to consider?

And that is a solid question! The only solution is to get the third as i see it :rofl:

1 Like

Wait, isnā€™t it like, 4AM your time?

I know a guy who barely plays, husband of my wifeā€™s friend. 45 guitars. Most in storage. Makes me sad really.

Hahahahaā€¦ that is a impressive observation!! Yes, that is correct. Im at work doing nightshift. Not much going on at the moment so passing time thinking about guitars :rofl:

That is just sad and a little bit impressive at the same time :rofl:

I used to think that too with my acoustic. One is enoughā€¦ :laughing: But then I saw a good deal on an electric and decided to reward myself for my progress un grade 2. I donā€™t regret it, it opens many new learning possibilities. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe he uses them as an investment!? :wink:

@tRONd if you are going to play it like a Mexican, then yes. If you are going to play it like John Williams, then no. :smiley: :+1:

Hahahahaha!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here I am, 9 months into my guitar journey feeling myself being drawn into into the classical guitar realm. I started learning, ā€œTears In Heaven,ā€ and I feel itā€™s much easier played on a classical guitar. Then ā€œLandslideā€ popped up. What seemed impossible weeks ago, is now, easy.

I still am without my 1920ā€™s Regal Parlor. Making due with my Yamaha. I want nylon strings. Does anyone have a remedy? I need more guitars.

1 Like

You are answering your own question. Go buy a nylon string guitar!

I have, since my earlier posts in this thread, sold the nylon electric, stored and am trying to sell my two electric guitars and have bought a nice classical nylon string guitar and a beater classical nylon string guitar.

I am playing my steel string some, but mostly classical and I am doing a course heavy in classical technique.

However, you can play anything you want with the nylon strings. You donā€™t have to go down the classical route. They are pretty nice for many different styles of music and feel easy.

Do it!

1 Like

If you can get one with a decent pickup in it, you can still run it through a clean amp and some delay or reverb; that will sound jummy! :smiley:

I have no gas for a classical guitar but I get the appeal; especially if nor a Gretsch nor a Fender could spark something within you.
Big, chunky and flet fretboards are something you need to love but once there, they enable the precision and articulation needed to play the more complex stuffā€¦ or just strum along if you enjoy that typical sound of themā€¦which I totally get as well.

There are no rules man; you have specific and enjoyable timbre; combined with modern playing on a classic guitar? Thatā€™s could be your identity. :smiley:
Only one way to find outā€¦

FWIW, the nylon crossovers are a pretty nice in between option.

They have the feel and ease of nylon, usually a slight radius to the fretboard and in between nut widths, often around 48mm instead of 44 for steel or 50-52 for full classical.

I played a lower end Taylor crossover and it was a damn fine guitar, easy to play and sounded great. The only reason I didnā€™t buy it (good used deal) was that I really wanted the full on classical and it was a little too close to my steel string in sound.

Sounds like you need a classical guitar. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a big fan of classical guitars. They tend to have good sound and amazing projection (I think the lighter construction probably has something to do with this). I also enjoy classical guitar technique. I have two: an Aria and a Cordoba. Both are fine instruments, but I really like the Cordoba (itā€™s a C9 Parlor).

1 Like

Go and buy one! :blush: Tears in heaven definetely requires nylon strings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:ā€¦not ideal for strumming but fingerpickingā€¦awwwā€‹:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Now, I also finally made up my mind, sent to the hell my fears and started at the beginning of July to work on a Classical Guitar Method Book for 30min/day and itā€™s making me a very happy creature in this world! :notes::notes::notes:

1 Like

Iā€™m also into classical guitaršŸ„° ā€¦I started formally this month after I saw I could do quite well with a couple of easy beginner pieces. I want to improve my technique, especially the alternated picking. Are you using on-line materials? Iā€™m working on Bradford Werner books, from the website ThisIsClassicalGuitar and insofar Iā€™m finding it very clear to gradually build my skills. :)))

I am taking an online course. I am still also working with Justinā€™s course for my steel string because it is just too good not to, but the classical technique course is fun, albeit slow. It is supposed to pay off in the end.

His classical beginner material is quite good, in my opinion. I recorded my own arrangement of one of the pieces from his Easy Classical Guitar Vol. 1 songbook, referencing the original lute music and writing parts for alto and tenor block flutes. (The guitar in that recording is my Cordoba C9 Parlor.)

1 Like

Most pop songs sound better on accustic guitar probably because they were performed first with Accustic guitar and we have got used to it . I have played with classical guitar all my life. Used accustic guitar years ago for a short time now I got myself Accustic as well as electric

I think you should have all and experiment. Depending on your music they all will be useful

I made a decision. Classical is too much for this stubby-fingered, small-handed Yank. I bought another acoustic. I purchased a Taylor Academy 10e. I love it. The neck has a smaller radius and much better sound than my Yamaha, and I feel I can play it more easily. I gave up on getting my old Regal parlor fully restored, and will just get the frets replace and the mother-of-toilet-seat relaid and hang it on the wall. My next purchase will probably be a smart guitar. Thank you for all of the input. If I had normal fingers Iā€™d have gone with the classical.
:cowboy_hat_face: :guitar:

2 Likes