Is it the future? | ChatGPT

Even ChatGPT told me, that if I want to use his lyrics, itā€™d be better to credit him.

you better had, AI copyright strikes are the most advanced AI already

You may be right. And no one can say whatā€™ll be in future. But I donā€™t think that AI can replace guitar teachers (Iā€™ll be more specific here). We already have tens and hundreds YT channels, but you only watch some of them. Why? Because thereā€™s something that you like about theses people. AI will be just one of them (and some of them could also use AI). So you should choose. Iā€™d still choose someone like Justin.

Gibson already put out an AI powered Guitar Lesson app almost 2 years ago so itā€™s had two years already of testing with AI so you know it will only get better. This article is from June 14 2021

Well now, that GPT thingy said Justin is British but if Iā€™m not mistaken Justin is from Tasmania soā€¦ There you have itā€¦
Donā€™t trust the AI too much.
But I generally am unimpressed by such things. It seems to me itā€™s just an evolution of a search engine.
So far, what this thing has done is to compile information available online.
When it starts generating knowledge, then I might bat an eyelid.

Problem is no one verifies source any more, weā€™e already at a point of overload with misinformation now we have AI making stuff up and sounding plausibleā€¦

2 Likes

Haha exactly

To be fair we have limited AI actually generating knowledge in a number of area and already helpful but it generally is so low key people dont realize.

I think AI, machine learning, deep learning whatever itā€™s called each time is a powerful tool. But itā€™s a tool. We shouldnā€™t forget that.
I know it can generate knowledge and make deductions and in the right context thats amazing.
But I donā€™t really get the hype with chatGPT.

1 Like

yeah Iā€™ve not played with it myself

But we are in the very short period of time in between ā€˜computers cant do thatā€™ and ā€˜how do I know it wasnt a computerā€™?

Ah thatā€™s very true indeed!

Well. No shame to use it if my voice is Hatsune Miku xD
Actually I try to figure how to use auto-tune on the voice, instead of manually tuning the voice to sound ā€œnaturalā€, which is quite troublesome :smiling_face_with_tear:

Just a fun stuff for you, you could write a Python program (probably any program) with ChatGPT, without knowing what you are doing :dab:

Haha do not worry too much my friend. I guess we take ChatGPT for granted, it would not be available to the public if nobody want to fund it aka hiring the brilliant software engineers (we call it janitor) behind to do the work. Fortunately Microsoft is supporting the project right now.

Well in all honesty I was thinking about it too and I guess itā€™s all down to what do you mean by British. He spent here probably around 30 years, defo has a British passport - doesnā€™t it make him British? :grinning: British teacher born in Tasmania would be appropriate :laughing:

Well hold your horses Mr, that is still under the debate between top scientists of this world when we talk about IP generated by AI and should AI be getting IP rights, not at the minute :wink:

Haha yes thatā€™s perhaps an esoteric question about how one feels and identifies!
Besides that part of the world was a British colony too wasnā€™t it? :joy:

1 Like

Its a question we will face one day. When is AI ā€˜a personā€™ and can own things?

1 Like

I guess when AI sends a Boston Dynamics dog equipped with a weapon on top knocking to doors of IP infringers thatā€™s when it owns its rights :laughing:

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, I think that ChatGPT is overhyped.

The outputs appear impressive, and that makes it easy for us humans to misunderstand whatā€™s going on under the hood.

The truth is that ChatGPT is essentially just a turbocharged version of the thing that suggests autoreplies to your text messages. It has been trained on a huge corpus of English language text written by humans, and when you give it a query, it basically fills in the blanks by predicting what text is most likely to appear.

What it produces is no better or worse than the text itā€™s been trained on, and all of that was written by humans. The axiom ā€˜garbage in, garbage outā€™ applies here. ChatGPT is just averaging that stuff out and regurgitating it, in a way that makes it seem very clever. So, have fun playing with it, but take everything it says with a huge grain of salt :smiley:

4 Likes

For me itā€™s even more impressive when I (a bit) know how it actually works. And youā€™re absolutely right about grain of salt, these things sometimes can give you a lot of false imforpation. But you can get it frome some website with the current search engine. So, the critical thinking will be even MORE important.