Is there a Strumming SOS practice routine?

is there a set practice that Justin set up for strumming sos I don’t see where I can hit a button to move to practice like on all the other grade practice sessions. If not it would be nice if there was as a lot of us have strumming and timing problems when starting out. I am going to get the second module next this is great lessons.

1 Like

Jeff, I will share your query with the JG Team. The Strumming SoS is one of the premium (for lack of a better word) courses that require purchase. This may be why the interface with the Practice Assistant is different.

Hi David yea thanks I take what the lesson says and pull my own but maybe even tips from Justin of what he would study . So far anything he suggests to study I succeed in my guitar playing.

I guess depends where you are through Grade 1, I like to think I am very near the end. What I have started to do with the strumming patterns I have, more than five. Is to play one for about one minute then few seconds rest and move onto the next etc. What I am trying to get ingrained is that the strumming pattern is automatic and not influenced by the last one. Started with just playing one chord but starting to change chords part of the way through a minute.

Sort of preparation for Grade 2 where Justin talks about changing patterns within a song. Have had a go at this but not with any great success yet, too much going on with singing and tapping foot.

Just a suggestion for a practice.

Michael

3 Likes

@Jwaters
Jeff, it has been confirmed that implementing practice routines on that course is feasible. Work is underway to implement that. It is getting attention but I can’t give you a promised date, hopefully it will not take too long.

3 Likes

Thanks that will be great

1 Like

@Jwaters @Matt1953

Jeff & Michael - they are now complete, live and ready to use for Grades 1 & 2.

It would be useful to have any comments giving feedback from anyone using the routine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently on consolidation of Grade 2, I’m revisiting the strumming foundations from scratch, to build up a really strong foundation of rhythm and strumming. Therefore I started with the Strumming SOS Grade 1 (will continue with Strumming Dynamics soon). A lot of repetition, but also a very helpful tool to fix skills.
I’m taking the suggested practice routine as a very helpful guideline. In particular counting loud, the relax and feel good and the distract yourself excercises are very useful to improve strumming skills. To be conscious about these things and to train that again has a lot of positive benefits. Well spent time!

1 Like

Great

Richard @Richard_close2u

I saw this appear the other day and had a quick look at it, but a bit tied up at present trying to learn songs for Guitar Club summer concert.
However will give it a more careful review and let you have some comments.

Michael

1 Like