Is this much acoustic guitar loudness too much?

Please see this pic . My average guitar loudness is around 74 DB. Is this too loud?

In shop when I played the guitar he tells me I play hard

2 Likes

Looks about right?

They have a dB meter on That Pedal Show on YouTube, it’s normally around 50 to 60 when they’re talking and up at around 100 with amps up (106 when cranked). So I guess that 70-80 would be a good place to be with the acoustic.

2 Likes

Too loud for what?

1 Like

Don’t understand What do you mean by loud? Dynamics are never one level. Playing hard is different than loudness. I have a naturally hard strum when I get wound up. I’ve had to work to make it suit what I’m playing. I envy delicate players sometimes.

dude just stop

1 Like

Strumming hard will not affect loudness? Well let me put it this way I am trying hard to control how hard I play so was thinking perhaps I could measure it with the loudness of my performance.

Dude stop following every post I send and enjoy your Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could be too loud, because you are in a small enclosed space. That’s why, at home, I never use a pick on my acoustic, because the sound generated is just way too loud for my ears, but in the homestead, outside, I use a pick and it is never too loud. On electric, you can actually control the sound level up to your liking.

1 Like

I suggest you simply use your ears and adjust how hard/soft you pluck/strum until it sounds the way you want it to.

Your playing dynamics are like your audible fingerprints that define your personal sound. Experiment with techniques until your ears and soul tell you it’s what you like.

No dB meter or other person can tell you if you sound right to YOU! And no one else’s opinion of your sound should matter more than your own.

2 Likes