Is this song in 12/8?

Hello :wave:
Any kind soul who’s good at working out rhythms is willing to help me, have a listen to this song and tell me if it sounds as a 12/8 or it’s simply in 4/4 and as usual I’m wrapping my head before actually breaking it?
:face_with_head_bandage::woman_facepalming:

Thanks in advance :pray::blush:

1 Like

As I make my hands beat, I am using 4/4.
Lovely song!!!

1 Like

I am feeling 4/4 as well.

1 Like

At the 42 second the kick drum sets the bear at 4/4. Didn’t listen to the whole song so it may change tempo at some point.

1 Like

@ReneAsologuitar @Jamolay @stitch thank you guys for checking it out :pray: You win a cover guitar-voice with my friend Michela :grin:
Knowing that it’s in 4/4 gives me confidence that I can learn it :sweat_smile: It’s a lovely song indeed :star_struck:

1 Like

4/4 for me too.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I don’t know anymore why I thought it could be 12/8 :woman_shrugging:
Now it doesn’t scare me anymore and I can start learning it :blush:

I found a really good video recently on 12/8.
You may enjoy this.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks a lot. I’m going to check this soon! :pray::blush:

Here is another nice example of 12/8

2 Likes

Nice one Joshua (@Jamolay)! I might give that a go for my fingerstyle practice!
I see on the stave the f and p symbols which I take it stand for forte and piano. Is it just me that cannot hear the difference when he plays that?

1 Like

Yes, it is subtle and quick since the f>p is only over a few bars. I have been working on that one a long time, speed and technique have been slow to come. I may finally be at a place where I can think about those dynamics.

2 Likes

I hear some piano-forte dynamics but as @Jamolay says it’s really subtle and I also find it doesn’t correspond to what you read on the screen.

I’m working on dynamics as well, I think I want to aim to be able to use them by feeling,once technique is mastered and when I’m very familiar with a piece as much as it is well internalised and I connect to it emotionally.

Here are some interesting examples of 12/8 in practice:

3 Likes

Thanks Joshua! This certainly seems like a fun piece to try! I’ll probably give it a go.

@SILVIA I have to admit I don’t hear that subtle dynamic! Time for ear wax removal I guess :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like