It must be love

First upload to the group so not sure if I’m doing it correctly. Self conscious putting myself out there but nothing ventured nothing gained. Regard myself as a beginner but I’m trying.

8 Likes

Hey, that’s good stuff, welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Thanks Tony. Appreciate it.

1 Like

I am an absolute beginner myself and have not worked up to the point of feeling ready to share a recording. I do not feel qualified to offer criticism but I applaud you reaching the point of putting yourself out there for others to hear and I enjoyed listening to you recording.

2 Likes

I appreciate the comment Gman. We’re all just trying to improve I am guess. I wish you well on your journey.

That was super stuff Dom! I Really enjoyed that. Look forward to hearing more from you!

1 Like

Thanks a million Eddie. Plodded my way through it.

1 Like

That sounded awesome :clap:
I never heard that song before. I liked it. Your voice reminded me of early Pink Floyd. The Syd Barrett day’s

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Dom. Sorry, I can’t get your file to open.

Jeepers. High praise indeed. Thank you so much.

The song was a hit for Madness in the early 80s after an earlier almost unknown release from Lyn Paul earlier. There’s a lot of big signature sounds from piano and sax that I’m trying to cover acoustically but I liked it anyway. Listening back now I kinda lost the rythmn near the end and the guitar sounds a little out of tune.

1 Like

Sorry about that. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. I’ve uploaded to YouTube for you.

Hope that works and madness don’t sue me for copyright infringement

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Dom, and what a fine way to announce your presence.

I loved Madness back in my youth, some great songs and I wondered if it was that song when I saw the title.

It sounds really good played on an acoustic as you did, without the full Madness band. I thought you sounded good on the vocal as well.

Next up, I suggest that you post a short intro in #community-hub:introduce-yourself, just a little personal background, guitar history, and goals/aspirations as a Community member.

Look forward to more recordings from yourself and active participation in AVOYP and beyond in the Community.

1 Like

Sounded great. Nice vocals and good clean strumming. :clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome David. I’ll try get to it today. Even in the virtual environment, it’s a weird feeling being wheeled into the centre of the room and asked to ‘perform’ as such. Regardless, People round these parts seem to have a common goal to improve and wish others the same.

That’s not a bad world to exist in.

Thanks Ron. Appreciate it.

I think you are quite safe, Dom, nothing to worry about. Sometimes you’ll get a copyright notification, which just means any money made on the video will go to the copyright holder not you.

For most of us here sharing recordings via YouTube we are in it just to share, not to monetise our channel and content.

Sometimes, depending on the copyright holder, your video may get struck out and not posted. Some artists are notorious about covers being shared and may well prevent the posting eg The Eagles, though one does see covers of Hotel California in YouTube, so don’t know exactly what it takes for them to strike a video but know it happens.

1 Like

Eagles are a protected species but some people take it to the limit…

1 Like

Hi Dom,
Very nice and well played and sung, :sunglasses: :clap:… welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

That is very good, Dom. Great vocal and you’ve played a very nice guitar part that has the 7ths and the 9ths of the original? If it was me and I ever get on top of song production I’d add something to represent the more un-ornamented song parts. I think that combination sounds so good in the Madness version.

1 Like

Great version of the Madness song Dom, playing and vocals were terrific :+1:t3: :smiley: :clap:t2:

1 Like