It' S. Valentine! What's your fav love song?

A bit late to the party Silvia but this one for me.

10 Likes

This one’s kind of sappy but I love it anyway - The Air That I Breathe. It’s got a really nice melody and chord progression, I am hoping to start working on a chord melody arrangement of this soon. I also discovered in looking it up that Radiohead’s Creep used some elements of this song, and the composer is now credited on the song Creep. I also discovered that it’s not originally a Hollie’s song. They recorded it in 1974, it was written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood and released on Hammond’s 1972 album It Never Rains in Southern California. (At least it was a short little rabbit hole lol.)

5 Likes

One of my all time favourites and the scenery fits just perfect (still could burst into tears watching :sweat_smile:): The Book Of Love - Peter Gabriel

3 Likes

Great choice Stefan. I nearly countered with Lithium then thought…

5 Likes

Old softy, would have to be this

4 Likes

Great song……and of course Graham Nash of the Hollies became the Nash of Crosby Stills and Nash.

2 Likes

A tale of unrequited love…

8 Likes

We don’t celebrate Valentine’s day either but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all the songs above. Great topic Silvia @SILVIA :smiley: :+1:
If I had to pick one song it would be “Delmenhorst”, by Element Of Crime. Thanks Nicole @JokuMuu for reminding me of this band when you mentioned them a couple of days ago here in the forum. :smiley: :+1:
I love this bittersweet song about love, loss, and nostalgica, and it has some dry humor at the same time. Definitely a song I would like to learn to play later on in my journey.

Hinter Huchting ist ein Graben
Der ist weder breit noch tief
Und dann kommt gleich Getränke Hoffmann
Sag’ Bescheid, wenn du mich liebst

5 Likes

Franz, you are a mind reader. This one is on my long list of Element of Crime songs, I want to learn to play. I just love the lyrics :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Did you listen to him on Desert Island discs the other week?
Excellent episode :smiley:

4 Likes

A more serious response in the form of an album that is highly conducive to the Valentine’s Day mood.

4 Likes

Well, the hubby and I have this as “our” song.

There are others I can’t think of right now, (too tired and heading to bed) but I’m always thrilled to hear Wild Horses when it pops up on the radio.

5 Likes

Nice topic @SILVIA !!!
One of my favorites & a “Dreamer” for me…

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=556076959&hl=en-us&sxsrf=AB5stBgHWh_Sg4TnQeFyKV4L5rt7nfb98Q:1691793027122&q=looking+in+the+eyes+of+love&tbm=vid&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPz6iT1NWAAxWPOEQIHXmvDZAQ0pQJegQICBAB&biw=390&bih=617&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:600d446b,vid:X4bzzITY2o8

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!!

Tod

PS ~ Forgot about Bolero!!!

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=494ad8d51e49c0bb&sca_upv=1&hl=en-us&q=bolero+music&tbm=vid&source=lnms&prmd=vishnmbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjMv9GGzKyEAxVWOTQIHaRhAsAQ0pQJegQICxAB&biw=390&bih=616&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:da3cd1be,vid:LwLABSm0yYc,st:0

2 Likes

The whole album “A Legacy of Love” by Antichrisis is great, and this is one of my favourites:

2 Likes

I wept the first time listening to pomme’s ‘on brûlera’, its so beautifully written if you look up for the lyrics along with the help of its translation. her performance is surreal too here :

i hope you enjoy :smiling_face:

7 Likes

ah yes! Romeo and Juliet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: one of the most beautiful songs ever

3 Likes
2 Likes

Very late to the party but it’s a great thread so here’s my tuppence worth :slight_smile:

Loads of great love songs out there; a few of my personal favourites are

Elvis Presley I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You
The Beatles In My Life
The Righteous Brothers: Unchained Melody

This one I heard for the first-time last week when I saw the band in concert, but it’s already on my playlist and I think it’s lovely.

The Vintage Explosion Lay in Your Arms

2 Likes

8 Likes

Thought the Reservoir Dogs clip may have been a bit risqué :scream:

2 Likes