It' S. Valentine! What's your fav love song?

Okā€¦letā€™s make a JG Community S. Valentineā€™s Compilation. My entry: Nuovo Cinema Paradiso Love Theme by Ennio e Andrea Morricone :heart:ā€¦I could spend the all morning writing about it butā€¦I have to go practicing now :wink::grin::innocent:

Your turn to add a love song/piece :wink:

9 Likes

Hi Silvia,
The only thing I ā€œhaveā€ for Valentineā€™s Day is this songā€¦we have never celebrated this and when we first met or at least in the beginning I played this song for her on this day and we still often laugh about itā€¦

The biggest problem for us was the commercial aspectā€¦
and what it stands for doesnā€™t fit to us either, luckilyā€¦but playing songs and requesting them is always funā€¦SO :sunglasses:

Ps:And of course I already knew yesterday that I could post this (again) today :laughing:
Greetings,Rogier

8 Likes

Happy Valentineā€™s :heart:

Itā€™s an easy choice. There are many cover versions, but it will always be this because it sounds so fragile and so much played and sung from the heart. So, it will always be be this

4 Likes

But like a good friend, I have also found a meaning that I like and should make everyone happy

Birds, flowers and bees

A completely different explanation is that the birds start mating around February 14. As early as the 14th century, Geoffrey Chaucer wrote ā€œFor this was on Saint Valentineā€™s Day, Whan every foul cometh ther to chese his mate.ā€ The ā€˜mating urgeā€™ is also said to arise in humans on that day.
:innocent:

3 Likes

How about this one? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. I was thinking Randy Newman too. But I would nominate this one.

4 Likes

This would be mine. Not that my wife and I celebrate it.

Just such a brilliant song I think.

9 Likes

I only recently listened to those three songbooks again. Itā€™s a very, very beautiful song :slightly_smiling_face:
Itā€™s just that picturing my husband looking like a princess always spoil the mood a bit for meā€¦

1 Like

And he probably doesnā€™t wear his hair piled high. :grin:

1 Like

Although the lyrics in the last verse of Marillionā€™s ā€˜This Train is My Lifeā€™ always gives me a romantic tear in my eye :sob:

So take my hand
Squeeze it tight
Make some light
In the darkness
Iā€™m glad you came on this trip
Donā€™t lose your grip
Donā€™t lose your grip
This train is my life
This train is my life

3 Likes

The contracts are drawn up
The ring is locked upon the fingerā€¦
And no more shall we part
All the hatchets have been buried now

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Ok. This one then.

4 Likes

I still get goose-bumps when I hear this sometimes:

6 Likes

Gosh, so many great love songs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face:
Happy Valentineā€™s Day :heart:
Iā€™ll go with The Pretenders for my JGC VD Compilation contribution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a shedload of covers of this one to choose from, but Iā€™ve gone for Dustyā€™s definitive version.
Presented without further comment by a happily single, twice-divorced gentleman of a certain age :grinning:

4 Likes

I donā€™t have this ONE love song, but I love this one and Karen Carpenterā€™s voice is exeptionel.

6 Likes

Karenā€™s voice was extraordinary !
Iā€™ve always been amazed by this song

its a lead work so itā€™s a one take !
so many emotions in one take !!!
She was mind blowing

3 Likes
7 Likes

Thank you all for sharingā€¦I listened to them all! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Someone will be all loved up now then :heart_eyes:
Thatā€™s far too much soppiness for me in one day! :face_vomiting: :joy: