Jam Buddy

Hi Im looking for someone to jam with and practice, I’m intermediate level, influences Rock, Pop and Blues, I’m located in the north of england not far from the Lake District

1 Like

Hi Alan, welcome to the community. Are you anywhere near Barrow-in Furness?

I thought of you Ian (@theoldman66) and Dave @liaty too.

Hi Ian thanks for the response to my note, I live in whitehaven so not near Barrow

Alan

Hi Alan, I would suggest checking out some of the ‘local’ open mics in the area.

It’s a bit of a treck, but I attend the one at the old Crown Hesket Newmarket every fortnight. (Next scheduled for Monday 19th 20:00 kick off.

There is also a sing/play around at the Farmers Arms Portinscale third Wednesday of every month.

I find the open mics and sing arounds a bit easier to participate in at the moment for my current level. There are plenty of collaborations happening once you get to know folk…

There are a few listed on the facebook groups (don’t need facebook to view):

Search for folk music Cumbria Facebook group or open mic jam gig Cumbria and you’ll find some.

There was one listed for Bigrigg and another for Florence Mine a few months back but am not sure if those are still running.

Hi thanks for the info, Im hoping to attend one of the open mic nights in my local area

1 Like