Jamolay plays in starts and fits log

Thanks for looking and the support everyone! I play better without the red record light (so frustrating), but I am trying.

Super cool! Really enjoyed that! Great update, Joshua :sunglasses: :+1:

Beautiful.

That was really good, Joshua, you seem to progress very well. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing!

Since I mentioned Ziggy Stardust in an F barre thread, I thought I should post this. It is no where near good or smooth, it was also rushed in a few moments without warmup just before going out of town for my dad’s funeral (it is ok, it was time after 96 good years).

But whatever! It is fun to play and has a good barre cord series.

3 Likes

Hey Joshua, sorry for your loss mate, it’s never easy. I must say you are coming along really well with your playing. Do you feel that the combination of the classical lessons and Justin’s lessons are complimenting one another?

Thank you. :cry:

That is a good question about the guitars. I don’t know about compliment each other, although I guess the finger style and classical techniques do. Overall they are both super fun, acoustic with strumming and cord shapes is supportive and always good. I need to learn musicality and both support that differently.
The downside is I am trying to divide my time, so it probably slows the whole process some. (Hence also dropping he whole electric guitar thing. Too much!)
But then, I am in no rush and am enjoying both, so what’s to lose?

Hi Joshua. Sorry to read about your loss. I am not familiar with the song. I just heard the record. Good progress with it. In a case Guitar Acquisition Syndrome could hit me I would like to get a nylon string guitar rather than a fancier acoustic or electric. I’ve played nylon string guitars before and I love the sound and the expression you can get of them. I am not into doing formal classical guitar practice, as you are, for now. Although exercising the brain and the hands in a very different way when trying to play a basic version of a classical piece has been a plus for me, the best reward I’ve had is the satisfaction of being able to play such kind of beautiful melodies. It is a very different feeling that hearing in it in a record.