JayMac's Learning Log

I really wanted to learn Wonderwall for the memes. I was planning on learning Wonderwall and 4 other songs, but I realized this was overkill because now all the other songs are too easy for me. Let me just say after this video from Justin on the stuck 3&4 chords I spent a month learning it from GuitarZero2Hero on YT because he had the full tabs and a nice layout similar to the app except it breaks down each section of the song with the strum patterns, which is something I really wish Justin’s app did. It took me 6 months of learning the basics from Justin Guitar until I could get to this point. I actually took a video of me first starting which you can see here:

So anyway, here’s Wonderwall:

I actually have a lot of videos of my progress, and plan to make a video of them all compiled, just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’ll add a link later when I do it.

Thank you @JustinGuitar, your lessons have helped me tremendously. I look forward to moving on to your intermediate classes and beyond!

2 Likes

Hi John and welcome to the Community.

Could not get your videos to play as it was stuttering, possibly my end.

As a new Community member, why not tell us a little about yourself here.

I’ll try and listen again later. I am not an app users so can’t make comparisons on the lessons but I have used Zero2Hero in the past and found it a good layout for song learning. Especially for songs that Justin does not have lessons on.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@JayMac

John, I was able to download and play the Wonderwall video locally. Sounds pretty good to me. I don’t know the song well enough to offer any feedback in terms of accuracy of the rhythm. It sounded right, chords clean. Well done.

John this is what I see

I’m not sure how my post ended up here since I posted it on the lesson that taught me the chords I needed to learn for this song, but I uploaded it to YouTube. I actually am curious why my e string sounds so off when it’s in tune, maybe I’m going crazy.
From Beginner to Wonderwall - YouTube

1 Like

John, I expect one of the Community Moderators, most likely @Richard_close2u spotted it and moved it here. The reason being the post content was more a Learning Log entry than a specific question about the Lesson.

Glad you posted it on YT, simpler to view that way than using OneDrive.