Jazz up your Blues 3 arpegiator

Hi, when doing the A7 - D7 arpeggio exercise I find that when the sequence comes around to where your starting with the One note for the d7 arpeggio to be the root (d on 5th string) , I find the sequence gets stuck so you end up with the one count at the same place. Same thing will happen if you just start the the exercise with the D7 arpeggio instead of starting on the A7. Not a bit deal but I was just wondering if I am messing up the sequence somehow?

Hi Randy -
I don’t think I get this (although I could be wrong!!) - assuming you mean a quick repetition, it will repeat eventually.
Going up the arpeggio starting a the 5th string D the arpeggio ends with the C on the high e string, Then coming down the A I end with C# on the 5th string, Now I carry on descending with D, so then next note is the C on the 5th string then A on the low e string, then start ascending (still in D) with C on the 5th string, then D on the 5th string. I’m wondering if you have the D ‘turnaround’ right. You can see it in bar 8 here …

You understood perfectly.

“Then coming down the A I end with C# on the 5th string, Now I carry on descending with D, so then next note is the C on the 5th string then A on the low e string”

Thanks Paul that explains it. When I was coming down with the A and landing on the 8th note ( the C#) I was ascending from there which means starting on the D note as note 1 which gets into a loop. Where did you get the sheet music for the exercise, did you make it yourself?

1 Like

Glad I could help! When Justin first introduces the ‘Arpeggiator’ there’s a tab for some of the progression - you can download it if you go to the ‘resources’ tab from the link below …