Jeff - JG songs project (Brown Sugar ... added on 21 April 2023)

Sounds fantastic! Ultra precise playing, plus a tone to die for.

1 Like

Awesome stuff with Plush, i love the tones that you achieve with your covers.

1 Like

David Bowie - Space Oddity

Oh boy, itā€™s finally there. My first cover including vocals. This is way out of my comfort zone, but the good people of this community inspired me to take the challenge. Itā€™s probably the most ā€˜honestā€™ take Iā€™ve done so far, because thereā€™s no hiding behind a big wall of distortion. :slight_smile:

Space Oddity is one of my favorite Bowie songs and I wanted to do this one for a long time. I hope heā€™s proud of me up there. I hope youā€™ll enjoy it too!

1 Like

Hey Jeff,

Very enjoyable listen mate. My first sounds this morning at 0550hrs. Smooth and fluid, with a real feel of the original classic. Great vocals to top it off.
:clap:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Jeff unplugged. I loved it, really stripped back and the vocals were great. It just goes to show that you donā€™t hide behind a wall of distortion at all. Just a great guitar player.

Thanks Stefan. This means a lot to me. My singing skills are obviously limited, if any, but Iā€™m going to do more of these minimal recordings and hopefully itā€™ll improve over time.

The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar

Time to release the inner Keith in me and have some fun in Open G tuning. I doubt this cover is a 100% accurate but the temptation to try all the available hammer-ons and chord voicings was too strong. :slight_smile:

I tried to keep the vibe and energy of the original recording and Iā€™m pretty happy with the result. On the other hand I shouldā€™ve done a better job at muting the strings. I didnā€™t notice it that much while recording, but thereā€™s definitely unwanted string noise here and there on the audio file. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s more apparent due to the open tuning?

3 Likes

This sounds great Jeff :v:

1 Like

Great sounding guitar work. I wonder if it would sound even better if you upped the gain to get a bit more distortion.

1 Like