JGC Open Mic XXIII / 23 Call For Interest

JGC Community Open Mic XXIII/ 23 - Saturday 13th April 2024

NOTE PLEASE VERIFY YOUR LOCAL TIME IN RESPECT OF DAYLIGHT SAVING CHANGES*

Register now to join the audience or be considered as a performer at the next JustinGuitar Community Open Mic.

Read on!

Please note we have made some changes for 2024, so read on but read on carefully.

Where?

Online via Zoom.

When?

Open Mic XXIII/ 23 Saturday 13th April 2024 @ 1900 UTC

Audience registration

Getting a seat in the audience is simple. Just reply to this thread stating your wish to attend. The Zoom link will be distributed one week before the event.

Performers

There are fifteen performer slots available with an opportunity to play one or two songs. Please state your wish to be considered for a slot in a reply to this topic. Remember to state your location & UTC time zone.

Performer slots are available according to the following criteria.

• We ask that performers be actively engaged members who embody the positive and supportive pay-it-forward ethos we have long nurtured within the Community.
  • We ask that performers have made an Introductory topic, ideally including some information about their learning path with JustinGuitar.
  • We ask that performers have shared audio-video of their playing in the Community Recordings section, recorded since becoming a Community member.*
  • We ask that performers have previously attended Open Mics as an audience member.

The performer application window closes 18th March @ 1900 UTC (approximately 4 weeks before the show) after which a final list of performers will be published. If the number of potential performers exceeds our limit we may need to disappoint some people - although regular performers often express their willingness to step aside and allow newer performers their chance. We do try to give all who express an interest the opportunity to perform.

More info
Some helpful links, especially for performers:

Thanks for your interest in the Community Open Mic. We look forward to seeing you there!

10 Likes

I’ll sit this one out in the audience please Toby; I’ve just started module 21 so I’m going to be immersed in that for the next few weeks. (UTC±0 now, UTC+1 when April rolls around)

1 Like

Hi Toby - I’d like to perform again please. UTC 0.

Having said that, I’ve performed at two on the bounce now, so very happy to stand aside for someone who hasn’t done so recently.

cheers
Paul.

2 Likes

I’m interested in performing, if you find me fit.
I’m in Israel. UTC+2.
Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Toby, Lara and I will perform two songs should there be room. Will step down if not. I think we will be UTC 1 by then. Thanks

2 Likes

I would be interested in a performer slot please. Will be UTC-7 in April.

2 Likes

Hi Toby,

I would like to take a seat in the audience this time and still early enough for front row, I guess? :sunglasses:

We got lots of things cooking the upcoming weeks. So will skip this as a performer, but be warned, I will be back on that stage. :joy:

3 Likes

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Sorry I won’t be able to make the audience this time I will hopefully just arrived somewhere warm and sunny but I will look forward to the recording.

All the best to all the performers, break a leg as they say!

Michael

1 Like

I’d be interested in a slot as a performer please,Toby. But if needed I can give way for a debutante.
Cheers!

1 Like

Audience for me, Toby, cooking another original that will distract me. Still a long way from resuming live OMs

1 Like

Audience, please, Toby :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Performance spot for me please Toby. But start me off at the bottom of the list and if you fill up I’ll just take an audience seat :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers Dave UTC +1

1 Like

Audience seat for me please Toby. UTC+1 in April.

1 Like

Yes pop me down Toby as a performer. Seems a long time since I last did one.

1 Like

Audience seat please Toby. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid we will miss this one. We will be in Austin Texas “to see a total eclipse of the Sun”. We will have to catch in on the video.

6 Likes

I will also miss this one as I will be “walking in Memphis” after seeing the sun disappear.

2 Likes

Toby, if there is room after newcomers, please add me to the performer pool. UTC + 1.

1 Like

Audience seat please Toby UTC+1

1 Like

I’ll have a go at performing please Toby

1 Like