Jolene - Cover

Hi All,

Please forgive me for 2 new topics in a day - but it’s been a while.

We’ve started messing with some covers of songs we like, most of which aren’t particularly our usual style - some are indeed guilty pleasures. Will share more over the coming months.

We both like Jolene - one of few country songs I like - though I’ve been enjoying binge watching the TV series, Nashville if that counts?

Katja plays keys on this.
I just added a little guitar (in my faux country lead style :slight_smile: (I was thinking REM Country Feedback)) and bass.

(1) Dolly Parton - Jolene [Cover by The Comfortably Strange] - YouTube

All the best,

Digger & Katja

11 Likes

Hi Stephen and Katja,
I have added this to my playlist…I would make a nice detour to see this live :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Sounded amazing! Loved everything about it, keyboard and vocals are awesome plus the small guitar parts really added something extra to it.

Superb vocals, love this recording.
This classic is a personal fav.
Very nice singing!

Wow Digger this has the TCS trademark all over it despite being a cover. Great piano arrangement combined with Katja’s haunting vocals is really chilling in a warm embrace.
And the lead work fitted in nicely btw !

An epic TCS recording, so I’m off for the next one.

Keep them coming and big thanks to Katja as I’ve got the goose bumps again. So it must be good - Dolly’s vox never ever did that :+1:

:sunglasses:

Wow Diggs,
I like the direction of going into covers! You folks doing a bit of country? Are you ok over there? :slight_smile:

Good stuff, the production and mix are top notch. Katja’s vocals are tantalizing for sure! The keys play stands out as well.

Nice effort and great results too!

I will catch you after the other post!

Be well,
LB

Top class. I fell in love with Katja’s voice years and years ago and the feeling never faded.
Sweet arrangement!

Love hearing from you guys!

1 Like

Digger, and Katja, I’ve listened to Tombstone and this one, and both are excellent. I’ve said it before - Katja’s sultry, haunting vocals just draw me in, and you’ve outdone yourself on Jolene. Well done and a truly enjoyable listen.

This was awesome!! Very talented vocals and everything seemed so, fresh!

Looking forward to hearing another!

Thanks all.

Yes, i’m lucky I get to record with Katja - and I’m not sure she realises how lovely, and unique her voice is. It’s that Germlish accent. :slight_smile:

Lbro - all good thanks, mate - though I have a dodgy ear at the minute. Waiting for a doc’s appointment to sort it out. I’m beginning to think it’s too much time with headphones on.

I think Weakness In Me by Joan Armatrading is next up ( a guilty pleasure of mine.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was outstanding singing and playing Stephen and Katja. I loved it and a great song to boot.

I love this song and I’m looking forward to hearing it.