Josh from New York City

Howdy, I’m Josh from NYC. I bought a guitar 2 years ago, tried learning but was way too hard on myself, so I stopped until 2 weeks ago. So, at 49 years old, I’m trying again with a much more relaxed attitude, which has made all the difference. I’m using Justin’s beginner app and just moved from Module 1 to Module 2 earlier today. I’m very happy I’m giving this another go.

13 Likes

Hi Josh! Go on ya mate! Great to hear you’re giving it another crack. JG is a great place to learn in my opinion, I’m sure you’ll be cranking out the tunes in no time! All the best with your journey! :guitar: :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Keep strumming! Welcome!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Joshua. :slight_smile:

Slow and steady wins the race. No need to put pressure on yourself, it’s all about enjoyment.

1 Like

Hi Josh,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
You made a small spelling error…it should say ‘49 years young’ :blush:
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Hello Josh and welcome to the Community…I’m glad you’re giving this another go. A relaxed attitude is everything…it changes everything! Aknowledge and enjoy the small progress everyday…I wish you a lot of fun :blush:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Roger thumbs up!

3 Likes

Hey Josh, welcome to the community. I remember our visit to NY fondly from back in 2016. I started learning seriously at the age of 53 after trying to learn once before and didn’t stick with it the first time. Now, over 10 years on, I can heartily encourage you to stick with it as the rewards are so very cool. Good luck and have fun.

2 Likes

Haha, I love it! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks very much, Silvia!

1 Like

Welcome Josh
Stick with it. It is worth it.

2 Likes

Josh, welcome to the community. You’ve got the right attitude with the more relaxed approach. Enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

@JasonBuk Thank you very much!

@SteveL_G99 Man, you are so right. I’m way more having fun and making progress much faster than I was before when I was being really hard on myself.

2 Likes

Hi Josh,

I am glad you are here giving it a try. Follow Justin’s lessons and you will be surprised how great you will be, I picked up a guitar years ago and sounded so awful the dogs were howling. Thanks to Justin, I found a new life in playing music and success in guitar. You will too. Never give up and keep at it.

Jeff from California

2 Likes

Hello Josh and welcome to the community.
It’s great that you’re making solid progress and using the app. Hopefully that means you are learning songs, learning songs, learnings songs.
Note - the website contains the same grade 1 and grade 2 lessons though has extra written content. I recommend you revisit the lessons already under your belt and take in what Justin writes around the learning too.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator