July by Noah Cyrus Lesson

Learn to play July by Noah Cyrus on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at July by Noah Cyrus | JustinGuitar

1 Like

So… why is a full barred F not desirable here? Seems to hit the bass plus the full range of notes available in every other fingering. (I will also admit, barring 6 & 5 - fingering 4 & 3 - muting 2 and thumbing 1 is more difficult for me in this particular instance than just throwing up the old F barre)

Welcome to the forum Ty. Justin is giving you options with the F chord. If you find the Full barre chord easier then that’s OK as well. Later on your journey when you want to do embellishments you’ll find these optional fingerings to be very handy.

The Strings are numbered from Thinnest to Thickest(highest pitch to lowest pitch)
should be Barring 1&2 - fingering 3&4 - muting 5 and thumbing 6.

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing some nuance by barring the F as it wasn’t mentioned as an option among every other F.

Chord Progression for the verse in the example is i III VI since it is in the key of Am, right?
But can we also say it is in the key of C and change the progression to vi I IV? Or we can’t because C is only relative and we can’t change the key of a song from Am to C?