Jumped the gun a bit

Must be time for that marshal stack now?

1 Like

Got my Blackstar Core 40 V2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool… I shouldn’t talk I’ve another present on its way…

2 Likes

To somebody that doesn’t have an electric guitar with all that kit to play about with do you ever get a chance to actually play the guitar.
Just kidding :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl: good one, Brian … love that song.

1 Like

Do you mean like this one I prepared earlier :joy:

DIY Guitar

What’s a good reverb mini pedal?

@DaveTeeUK

DaveTGuitar

3h

Do you mean like this one I prepared earlier :joy:

DIY Guitar

I didn’t Dave it was all those pedals.
However I did see your post and what you have done with an old guitar, it looks absolutely fabulous. Personally I would have painted it post box red my favourite colour.
I can see why people accumulate electric guitars, apart from the quality of the guitar, all the different colours and shapes to choose from.

Check out the guitar tone from anyone who doesn’t think it’s important. Go on now, git! LOL

The time to start dialing in tone is now and every time you decide to play a guitar moving forward. Let your ears be your guide. Players that care about tone need to make their own way. For me, there will always be a delay in my pedal chain, either analog (most of the time) or digital. Delay to me is much more important than reverb, which is over done by most folks and washes out in a mix. When I do use reverb I reach for my Biyang Tri-reverb - I like it a lot.

A blues driver clone is a cool thing to have, but I would suggest a few more dirt pedals, a rat clone, an OCD clone and a tubescreamer clone at the very least. Many of the clone pedals today can be had for around $20 US (I have a bunch of them). That said, the most important pedal that is missing on your board is a looper.

Play on playa!

Looking good Dave, just got myself a loop pedal and would really recommend it, lots of fun playing with yourself :sweat_smile:
But in all seriousness, adding that to all those and playing different loops with different effects should be a blast.

1 Like

Which one did you get?

I googled your amp - it has reverb built in. And a bunch of other effects. You are probably good to just use the amp’s reverb, as you’re unlikely to toggle reverb during a song as you might do with distortion or a touch wah.

1 Like

After some research, went for the Boss RC-1.
It has a light display to know when you’re recording/mixing and it also shows you when the loop is coming to an end, so that did it for me.
I’ve only been messing around with it for a week but works perfectly and the built is really solid.

TC Electronic HOF Mini is pretty good. Can load almost any type of reverb into it.

Whenever I see this, my brain sees paypal and my gass starts bubbling ! :rofl:

2 Likes

There’s something organic, natural and highly satisfying about building out a pedal board. It just feels good and right. Having a drawer full of pedals to choose from is next level awesome. Doing it on the cheap feels rebellious, and very Garage Band cool. LOL

1 Like

It’s the one pedal that can really improve your playing. I recommend a single button looper with at least five minutes of loop time. Keep it simple.

Such as? Type/model?

I have two that I use and can recommend highly, a TCE Ditto and the Donner Beltway. That said, I have to say that I use the Donner more often these days.

2 Likes

I like the Donner pedals…just managed to get the Beltway for £36…result

2 Likes