June AVOYPS - 24 June- Blues Etude- 9th chords

Continuing with my blues studies, here’s another great little ‘etude’ on one of my learning platforms, that focuses on 9th chords, rootless chords, and sliding into chords from above, and below.
The first play through is the set one; in the second I’ve just modified slightly and added an ending.
Learnt some very good stuff in this one to add to the toolkit. And I feel like these are helping me to focus on playing tighter.
Comments, feedback, tips welcome.

Cheers, Shane

14 Likes

Sounded pretty sweet there Shane.

That little point at the end says it all… a confident and competent performance… you definitely have the blues running through your blood.

Sweeet!!! Nice sound and cleanly played.

Your play sounds great, Shane, your excellent progress is so good to see.

Tips? … don’t go out in the rain without an umbrella

3 Likes

Loving that Shane, sounding really good and bluesy. Great tone on the LP as well.
Truly on fire sir.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Really good stuff, Shane! I enjoyed this little “etude” a lot, very sweet and bluesy. :clap:

1 Like

Very nice Shane!
I can’t find anything to nitpick about there, great tone nice clean picking it also sounds like you meant it, not lacking in soul ; that’s the important part!

1 Like

Awsome Shane!!
As mentioned above. You really have the blues in you.
Sounds superb! :fire:

1 Like

Hi shane… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Read again what I wrote 2(?) hours ago… Guess what I’m finally going to do this morning … read 1 more new topic and then practice blues … practice a lot of blues … so thanks again for the inspiration…
Greetings…

1 Like

Sounds great Shane. The first thing that came to mind when I heard the the little motif was Clapton, so take that as a compliment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Schweeeeeeet playing there Shane. Your blues playing has grown so much and it is always a pleasure to listen to.

1 Like

Good morning, Shane :sunny:.
I’m always looking forward to your Blues Study-vids, knowing I’ll be in for a treat :smiley:.
Such sweet sounding rendition. Thanks a lot for making my morning brighter :hugs:.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like