Just a couple of Music related funnies!

Iā€™m with you Rick.

To my mind, there are many memes and posts in this topic that breach our community etiquette which states: no casual or blatant sexism or misogyny. Community Etiquette and Rules

I have long refrained from being strict-mod and restricted myself from intervening or editing or deleting.

The posts keep coming. Someone must like them. I could happily live without this topic, thinking that it brings no value to the community.

@LievenDV @DavidP

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying it breaches any etiquette, I far from Politically Correct most of my posts in this topic probably offended someone. This doesnā€™t offend me Iā€™ve just never found this funny.
I think it says more about the state of the relationship if buying something you enjoy and it offends your partner.

4 Likes

Have to agree this is so passe and not really that funny in the general scheme of things. Regulars will know how big my stable is and my wife bought 2 of them and keeps asking me to get a resonator. Its who you are with not how many you have.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh cā€™mon. Itā€™s not that big of a deal. Iā€™ve been married for over 52 years, and neither of us would make any significant purchase without bouncing the idea off the other first. Fighting about finances and frivolous spending is one of the leading causes of divorce.

1 Like

My lovely ā€œOther Halfā€ is constantly telling me to buy any guitar(s) I wantā€¦

I think itā€™s reverse psychologyā€¦ she thinks itā€™s going to make me want to STOP lusting after another guitarā€¦ but itā€™s not working!!! :crazy_face:

Seriously, we always discuss our purchases & very rarely veto the otherā€™s desireā€¦ works for us & keeps our creditors happy!!!

Tod

1 Like

Youā€™re lucky, Iā€™m not but still have no choice but see the funny side of it! Iā€™m 100% certain that Iā€™m not on my own in this respect.
As far as being politically incorrect, Iā€™m sorry but this is just fun, nothing serious and with no incorrect motives whatsoever, just fun. If people canā€™t see the funny side of certain things I pity them, without this sort of thing in my life it would be very dull!
Interesting fact - I do actually make Memes as part of my hobbies, and enjoy doing it; Iā€™m always on the lookout for something that could have a funny comment attached to it.
So if Iā€™m to be criticising for being creative itā€™s not a place I want to be!

Halleluiah to that !

1 Like

@DarrellW
Hey Darrell,
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with your meme. Folks here are trying to read something into it that isnā€™t there.

Itā€™ll be a sad day when nobody dares crack a joke or say anythingā€¦.wokery and pcā€¦.blah!!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Oh my, I consider myself guilty having liked Darrells @DarrellW post. Iā€™m a woman and donā€™t feel intimidated by such memes. Itā€™s just a bit of fun, admittedly not on a higher intellectual level, but come onā€¦it could also be the other way round.
Be assured, Iā€™m happily married and any bigger purchases are dicussed in a friendly way, but sometimes thereā€™s a slight funny wink from one or the other.
Sorry, but a simple liked meme like this doesnā€™t shake the balance of my relationship :wink:.

Never heard anyone here complaining about the mention of a certain guitar string (and the mention of the same old association everytimeā€¦ :see_no_evil:), which is probably much more sexism than this meme.

Fair and valid statement. For me, this topic is closed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I donā€™t often read these posts but donā€™t see any harm in having a laugh. Some have been quite clever.

If something obviously crosses the etiquette line we should delete but also donā€™t want to become super ultra PC. Maybe that does become a tad subjective?

And if anybody ever feels offended please hit the flag button

1 Like

11 Likes

That does merit calling the police, Rogier, for double posting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

uhā€¦ I think you can play quartet with the posts above :roll_eyes:
:smile:
greetings and hopefully my next post will be a very special photo :crossed_fingers:ā€¦ now off to the woods, have a nice weekend :wave:

2 Likes

Look forward to it. Enjoy your picnic in the woods.

2 Likes

Now THATā€™s funny.

2 Likes

7 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/AxDdYQzcV9bV5hUx8

Had to get his pick out of his pouch!!!

Tod

1 Like

After Zeppelin plays ā€œWhen The Levee Breaksā€ā€¦

Tod

3 Likes

( Sorry! I thought I was better than thisā€¦:nerd_face:)

7 Likes