Just CT in a: jingle jangle phaze

Thank you sir! I try to pack more juice into a shorter session as opposed to stretching things out. If someone likes the video they can play it multiple times. Almost anything worth listening to is worth listening to again. :slight_smile:

For those that want to play the CT home companion board game, the first chord is a garden variety E major chord moved down to the the 12th fret. No bar. Strum it load and proud. Chock full of octave goodness. Itā€™s scrunchy up there! Now move the same shape down two frets. Thatā€™s the genesis of this little session ā€“ I think Led Zeppelin used these chords in one song or another (canā€™t remember which one off hand). Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks @Notter! Yes, a little bit of modulation can add a fair amount of interest.

Thanks DW! Players that arenā€™t messing around with tone and FX are missing out on a lot fun and inspiration. Two of the pedals on this board cost around $20 US on Amazon.

1 Like

Really nice one Clint, I was meant to ask about the tone but watched until the end so no need of that :grinning: thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks Adi! According to the ā€œman behind the curtainā€, the average view duration on this 1:22 video is 1:12. That means very few people stayed engaged long enough to note that the pedal board is shown at the end. So thanks for hanging in there that long! This ties into @roger_holland 's post about video duration. If you like a short video, play it again, if not you can bail in the last 10 seconds. LOL

1 Like

I really like those chord bits and bobs you found, Clint, nicely played.

1 Like

Hey Clint,
Nice work on this! I could pick out the delay right away and figured there was verb on it too. The phase I think added a nice touch, but was the hardest to pick out for my ears. Perhaps I donā€™t hear so much phase effects on stuff and thus it is harder to identifyā€¦

I liked your play and the chord sequence(s) were strung together well in my book. All in all a nice production and presentation from you.

Keep on with the jingle,
LB

1 Like

Thanks @Mari63!

Thanks @LBro! A little bit of phaser goes a long way. The KMISE phaser is a pretty good pedal for the price and I only had it set at a 1/4 turn. No surprise that it may have slipped through for some ears, soundcards, speakers or headphones. :slight_smile:

Always so enjoyable to sit back and listen to your ā€œchord bits and piecesā€. Cool on the delay FX!

Thanks @pkboo3 !

That was tasty stuff Clint. I really liked the sound too.

I get the feeling, from your playing, that itā€™s a real laid back groove round at your place and there is always a shot of whiskey on the side for when people come round to chill.

Thank you sir! When folks come around I usually play things that they like to sing. Primarily my daughters. Iā€™ve recorded them on occasion and one time came close to releasing a track or two on youtube, but they werenā€™t up for it. So playing with them tends to be an in house secret. Otherwise I never play guitar for company unless someone asks, and they rarely ask.

Oh yeah, there are always spirits around to enjoy. Lately a lot of home brew beer.

1 Like

Hey man! Thought this was pretty cool! Loved the chords and that space sound you had going on!

1 Like