Just CT in a: jingle jangle phaze

Riffing and such with some (new to me) chord bits and pieces, and glued together in some kind of (hopefully) cohesive way:

15 Likes

Nice work Clint.
I thought it had a bit of a Pink Floydish vibe to it, especially at the start. So this definitely sounded great to me and well put together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great Clint - very nice use of the delay in sync with the rhythm too.

1 Like

“Set phasers on… stunning!” :laughing:
Another interesting little vignette, Clint.
Love your dialing in different tones on an acoustic.
Nice laid back groove
Maybe should have been called Echoes of a jingle jangle phaze?

1 Like

I’ve shared comment on YT, Clint, and not much more to add that I prefer to share here than in YT (based on the way my mind thinks about what to say, where and to whom).

I was happy to be able to enjoy watching you play as much as listening in this post. While a clean video without visual effects may be less creative and appealing to a YT audience. For me as a player, I want to observe the playing, for sake of inspiration and learning. So appreciate that choice made.

Look forward to the next as you continue to explore and make these short studies, as well as your acoustic song performances. I love it all.

1 Like

Very nice to listen to, agree with other comment anout the delay, nice effect. Did you add the delay post recording?

1 Like

Gotta love ringing open string chord shapes on an acoustic.
Happy vibes.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool Mr T. Lovely vibe going on with those stomps and good of you to show that arsenal at the end. Laid back and chilled, must be a Tisher moment !
:sunglasses:

Thanks! It may have had some Gilmour-ish-ness to it, maybe tone wise. Any comparisons to Pink Floyd are well received. :+1:

I appreciate it! Delay is almost an always on effect for me when I play plugged in.

Thanks BL! A little bit of phaser goes a long way. It was fun to trot out the afforda-board on this one. Good times!

Hey Clint, that sounded super good. Way beyond my play grade to give any meaningful feedback. I thought that was very well played. I could have done with a better camera angle, only so I could study your fretting hand to learn from your playing.

Thanks as always for your support DP! Visual effects are just to smooth out the rough edges (as I’ve said in the past). I didn’t see the need to add any visual filters on this one.

There are far better players to learn from than me, but I appreciate the comment. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you sir! That was my afforda-board analog delay. Probably the least expensive delay pedal on Amazon. I don’t add any FX in the DAW these days. Mostly just click the little magic wand in iMovie for some auto-magically applied EQ.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! Yeah, every chord had at least an open string or two when I chose to hit them. LOL

Some Hendrix chords in there and what I believe to be Led Zep chords, as well as U2-ish sus chords towards the end – sort of stitched together.

Very very cool and chilled Clint. Very enjoyable listen!!! Thanks for sharing :sunglasses:

1 Like

You bet. Appreciate the comment!

1 Like

Hi Clint,
Well, your glue worked perfectly :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:,…I know you like it short, and understand that very often,…but now I think you could do a little longer, but that’s your own fault by playing and sounding this way:grin: :sunglasses:. …delicious,…but let your audience beg for more, that’s often the best,…but please more of this :clap:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Love stuff like this Clint, messing with effects and just making music. That was a sweet progression, thanks for sharing that!

1 Like

Nice use of FX Clint, I’m into that idea at the moment exploring the weird and wonderful sounds and atmospheric ambiance’s you can achieve.

1 Like