Just learnt the most difficult thing I encountered!

Hey everyone!

Was a slow WFH day today, had attempted to learn an old favourite ā€œWanted dead or aliveā€ by Bon Joviā€¦the advanced version has so many challenging pieces but one in particular for me was stopping the strumming between chord changes for a bass note link and a hammer onā€¦ between the G and Cadd9 and Cadd9 and F.

I was ready to give up but I can finally do it today after going at it for around 2 hours!
Next is to get the twiddling around between the D and sus chords just right.

Quick progress update-Currently in consolidation at the end of grade 2ā€¦ decided to extend it by a month and learn at least 20 songs of varying complexity. I guess new modules are also being added frequently to grade 3 so spending some more time will definitely be worth it. Had a lot of interruptions during this time but I think I finally have some clarity of the mind.

Hope you all are having a great week.

Cheers!

12 Likes

Wanted Dead or Alive is a great song to practice multiple skills and is best learnt in stages. Take each part and get it right before moving on to the next part. There is a lot to learn but the techniques learnt carry over to so many more songs. It a great song to use as a study piece.

2 Likes

Yes that is exactly right and even Justin mentions itā€™s a song to grow with.

Thatā€™s great @SloppyChords !

I often encounter ā€˜how the heck are you supposed to play thatā€™ sections.
Satisfying when you get them down.

1 Like

Hah @liaty thatā€™s what I will call them now :smiley: will maybe put in some expletives too in there :wink: