Just needed a bit of patience…

Well, I’ll be damned… look what showed up in the mail today. I backed the Kickstarter project in May 2020 - expected delivery was Dec 2020 :smile:

Patience was required through this thing, I’ll have to admit :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Cool, you’ll be able to share your picking secrets with the rest of us mere mortals !!
To slant or not to slant, that is the question. :wink:
Happy NMD

1 Like

Now you have to make a video with it!

2 Likes

Had no idea what it did until I looked it up, interesting

1 Like

We’ll be getting some real action shots now.

1 Like

Apparently when you ordered it they had to build it… but didn’t have the materials so they had to make the materials… just as soon as they could finish making the tools to make the materials. :crazy_face:

Dave

1 Like

You’re a lot closer to the truth there than what you probably think!

When I backed the Kickstarter project Troy had already been using a home made (3d printed I guess?) version of that thing for years. The project was only about setting up a real production run. I honestly expected it to be an almost trivial thing - but that shows what I know about manufacturing!?!

You wouldn’t believe the amount of problems they ran into, first getting that mold made. Then getting the plastic material just right, then the rubber parts that helps grip the fretboard and how that was shaped exactly and merged/glued onto the plastic part of the device. OMG the amount of details and problems… :wink:

Even the shipping phase (by ship in a container, from wherever the thing was eventually made, to Troy’ US base… and then on to me in Europe) took a couple of months…

1 Like

@Kasper … yes sir… actually i’m a machinist by trade and plastic injection molds run in to the several thousand dollars. that’s the tool and die industry… lots of work drawing up in cad and lots of work getting it machined out just right.

Dave

2 Likes

Ha! I think I recall that coming up. Good on you for backing it! :sweat_smile: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Would not have figured out what is it for without Google, looks cool now just waiting for you to show us how videos turn out to be!

1 Like

I too had to search the web to see what it is. That is pretty cool Kasper.

Do they keep you updated on how things are going with the start-up?

1 Like

… but will it attract the babes? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

:rofl:
Ha ha, I looked at this thing at breakfast this morning and I didn’t know what it was either of course…and showed it to my girl and asked “do you know what this is”…and she literally said, ,." keep me out of it, I don’t want to know what weird things you boys do all day"

So probably no Brian :rofl:

3 Likes

Spoiler alert!

It’s a smartphone camera mount for guitars.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/troygrady/the-magnet-smartphone-camera-mount-for-guitar

That is a pretty impressive little recording tool!