Just thought I'd post a pic of

Being new to the site also, and as others have done I just thought I’d post a pic of she whom is keeping me company through the lessons. My lovely Takamine P3 that I bought just before the pandemic.

Interesting that I had originally gone to the guitar store convinced that I was going to purchase either a Guild or a Taylor, but after auditioning quite a few different makes and models of guitar in the store - and a few that were much MUCH more expensive than this one, this one stood out to my ear as the best of the bunch.

14 Likes

Nice Stephen :+1:

1 Like

Awesome looking guitar Stephen. Similar experience to me in that I walked out of the shop without the one I was expecting to!

1 Like

That is a lovely looking guitar Stephen. Nice stove as well. :+1:

How are you finding the body is doing without a pickguard on there?

Thanks. Yes if I get too frustrated with the guitar at least I’ll be able to heat the living room with it’s remains in the stove :slight_smile:

No issues re the lack of pickguard in terms of scratching, but I do give the body a quick rub off with a damp’ish cloth once a week.

1 Like

Nice guitar!

I played Martins, Taylors, etc, but chose a Takemine acoustic over them as well. Perfoect combination of tonal richness and affordability.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, nice looking guitar. I’ve got an epiphone acoustic that sounds equal to or better than the many Taylors I’ve played including the two that I’ve owned.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much about no pick guard, this is my Takamine which is 24 years old :+1:

2 Likes

you can fit clear pick guards that are barely noticeable if you are worried anyhow

1 Like

gorgeous looking guitar