Justin the young pirate

I just wanted to share an early-days/daze vid’ ion our great friend and inspirational guitar-smith, Justin.

I went looking for Snow Patrol’s ‘Run’ today and this popped up from 13 years ago :wink:

Enjoy…

Justin, amigo, great to have you around and keeping many of us on track… particularly those of us with some mileage on the clock with a need to jumpstart our mojo from time to time.

Thanks!

Croz

9 Likes

Oh the good old times!

Does anyone still remember Justin sitting on the floor doing his lessons? The days before the famous blanket existed!

4 Likes

We were talking about the old videos the other day because someone joined the community specifically to ask about what they thought was a screaming bear (it was a Tasmanian Devil) at the end of the early videos.
Do you remember that?

4 Likes

I think I started guitar and learned from Justin a few years after that and aw, I miss the old webpage design :smiling_face_with_tear:

Truly thankful to Justin for a boy who have no access to real life quality music lesson. I learnt 12 bar blues shuffle (and simple improvisation, ha!), how to bend a string, scales and basic music theory, and most importantly mentality =)

Yes, very well.

She Talks to Angels is one of those lessons, a 3 parter I think. One of the first songs I searched for having started the course :slight_smile: Justin looks very fresh faced in that one!

1 Like

yes, very young indeed.

Anyone remember the hand writen tabs that accompanied the lessons?

1 Like

Always so stylish, it appears. :star_struck::100:

Sometimes, when I count the years I’ve been here…I can’t believe it.
But I still love all of it and all of you :smiley: <3

5 Likes

:smile: Luv it!

Looks like I’m a Johnny Come Lately on the Sandercoe scene :wink: a mere 9 years

Sweet!

Time flies people!
Don’t forget to play guitar along the way :smiley:

1 Like