Justinguitar Clubs - a few questions

Got calls at least twice a day from London (i’m from the Netherlands), everytime I block them, there was another call again from London. When I answered they hang up. And one WhatsApp text with question if I’m busy.

Thanks, been around here for some years but never really got involved on the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Edwin ,
About 3 years ago to the month, I started receiving phone calls from London and they lasted for a very long time…a small adjustment to the number each time.

Is not really a bad thing … me too :smile:

The nice thing about these new things on Justinguitar is that it attracts a lot of new people or brings old ones out of the shadows… again have fun playing/chatting/learning guitar :sunglasses:
Greetings

The same here, I came out of all the Justin WhatsApp groups.

It started when I entered the group two weeks ago, stopped when I left, 3 days ago. Searched the forums here, and found a least one person with the same issue. One and one is two according to my elementaryschooleducation.

Yeah, beeing Dutch is not something to be proud of nowadays…

I try to startup my guitar journey again. Really want to focus on theory. Community is looking more alive now indeed.

1 Like

I posted this several weeks ago.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t see the point of having a chat group for this.

As I have said before, chat groups tend to be the death of other, better, communities. They tend to degrade places that used to be full of focused, thoughtful conversation into endless streams of memes and pointless, off-topic, and banal comments.

And if all the info we need will be shared through other channels, then what is the benefit?

Chat has its place and it’s uses, but I don’t see it does here.

And, in this case, using WhatsApp for chat has caused problems which illustrate it’s not as secure as they pretend it to be: having end-to-end encryption, as they like to promote, does not mean it’s secure!

Cheers,

Keith

8 Likes

Seeing some of the comments that pop up during these sort of actual live events pretty much gives an indication of what to expect in a less controlled environment such as a Whatsapp group. Hence why I had no intention of ever going near it.

Even last night’s Q&A window was starting to attract some off-point chatter such as ‘can we have a rig rundown?’ - seriously? not the time or the place! At least the moderating here was firm (but fair) directing certain comments back to the general chat window instead.

1 Like

Never used WhatsApp and never will. I do not like the platform. Kinda like tiktok…don’t like the platform… From what I heard and seen I don’t need it anyways.

Rock on all!!

1 Like

Lieven @LievenDV
Excellent first lesson, lots of good advice :+1:
Michael
PS my 10 sec of fame mentioning my question

3 Likes

Thanks, glad you liked it,
Will you be joining the next one too?

1 Like

@LievenDV , thank you for your excellent advice tognight. I will be joining the next one.

1 Like

Will there be a recording of this posted as I missed this one?

Lieven @LievenDV
Yes of course
Michael

Thank you @LievenDV for an excellent class. I’m looking forward to the next one!

2 Likes

Hello @LievenDV

Congratulations on your first live class. It was excellent! :sunflower:

Very informative, easy to follow, with loads of great tips and advice, and very well structured. The visualization had been very helpful, too.
And not to forget your very, very good English :+1:

Can’t wait for the next one :grinning:

Cheers
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

PS: Oh yes, a recording will be much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Happy to read that! I couldn’t join your event unfortunately, not out of a lack of interest, but for time reasons. I’m already looking forward to watch the recording!

Hello Lieven, I just can echo what has already been said - your class yesterday was excellent on every aspect :+1::clap:. There was lots of interesting input, easy to understand presentations, fantastic English skills (everything you said was easy to understand even for me as a non-English native), clear tipps and advice,…

I’ll definitely do my best to join the next session as well :smiley:.

Thanks a lot for this :hugs:!!

2 Likes

Hi Lieven, loved the session. Will be at the next one. Hope your pleased with the results as you did a great job!! See you in the next session, mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @LievenDV !! Thank you for the lesson! I thought I had a pretty good chord and solo structure going. However after watching your first lesson I have now changed that up a bit. Loved the way you broke it down. I was on the right ish path. Lol. However now instead of practicing the harder solos and not concentrating on the chord structure, I"m gonna do it the other way. The rest I was already on the right path! Yay me!!! Lol. How you explained it made perfect sense in my mind. Funny how one person’s experiences can be so closely related to others!! Many Thanx! First chance I have to donate to the team, I shall. Sooooooo worth it!!

Peace out! Cheers, SOCIABLE and keep rocking brother!!!

Glad you’ve got some real usuable value for yourself out of it!

Yes; gain control of what is below and know how to work with the big blocks of a song
A solo (YOUR solo for example) can come later.

Exactly what I aim to do so very glad to read this!
Often, people are in the right way but need a little confirmation or some inspiration to try something or just slightly tweak something. I wish to be a little spark that ignites (new) motion in people!

2 Likes