Karma Chameleon by Culture Club Lesson

Learn to play Karma Chameleon by Culture Club on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Karma Chameleon by Culture Club | JustinGuitar

6 Likes

Thanks Justin
I have been looking for a song to use strumming and picking at the same, I have found it.
Michael

2 Likes

I can’t remember the last lesson I watched but took this one in and picked up a few helpful reminders :smiley:
Justin discussing using ‘old faithful’ for strumming at ten and a half minutes in:
“That particular pattern feels a little bit wonky to me…”
Justin at the playthrough at the end:
… uses old faithful as his main strumming pattern :rofl:
Love you, man :heart:

3 Likes

My god, there’s a blast from the past. I actually enjoyed Culture Club in its heyday. Bit of an odd inclusion some might say with my usual ACDC, Midnight Oil, The Angels, KISS, Dire Straits, etc tastes at the time…:nerd_face:

George had a tremendous voice, but I think society struggled with his persona in that era ( plus all the drugs didnt help).
I remember wearing a Boy George t
-shirt into a nightclub once, at 15 years old ( I looked alot older), and this 40ish year old guy wanted to punch my lights out.
(Perhaps he had something in his own closet)
Go George, still kicking. I just might take a night off the Blues, and have a crack at this old classic.

Cheers, Shane

4 Likes

Off-topic story that reminds me of a nightclub in Mooloolaba. They had a ‘no thongs/no jeans’ door policy and were refusing entry to one of the docs I was working with. She simply said ‘ok’, took off her jeans, put them on the counter and went in in her silky undies :rofl:

2 Likes

Nasty :nerd_face::wink:

1 Like

Well, having a blast learning this one. Super fun to play. Was just gonna be a quick detour and back from the Blues for one night, but there’s quite a bit here in this tune. Always looking for songs that teach me new stuff.

Playing it in the original Bb, so I can play over an original BT, steal some harmonica parts for guitar etc, and that opening little riff.
Interestingly, this song uses 6 of the 7 diatonic chords of Bb, and all are integral to the tune, not just passing chords. The old 7th degree chord is the one to miss out ( as he often does). Ild George knew what he was doin here. :sunglasses:

Cheers, Shane

3 Likes

What a cool acoustic cover! It brought me deep into The Eigthies rabbit hole the other night: how many good songs were delivered in those years!? Not like nowadays :zipper_mouth_face::pensive:
I had a long listening on YouTube playlists, I couldn’t remember any title but remembered each song :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes