Karma Police - Notter

Hey Mark, always good to see an old friend drop in again :smiley:
Sorry you had a rough time, whatever it was, but glad you had your guitar/music for company.
Love this song and must dust it down again. I learned a simplified version a while ago.
I hope you’re not referring to Fitter/Happier as the dud. I love it :laughing:
You’re back in the saddle now.
Avanti! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi there Mark! Cool that you are back :grin: missed you for quite some time now…
Hope youre doing allright despite the things you have gone through…

Radiohead… huge fan og them and the melancholic songs! My favourite is fade out :grin:
Anyway… you smashed it!! Sounded awsome! Cool guitar tone and a smashing voice, easy to hear that you have given this song a lot of time.
Well done Mark :clap::facepunch::metal:

1 Like

Really nice Mark. Was only thinking recently that I hadn’t seen you for a while.

1 Like

I never fail to feel quite humbled by this place I have to say! Thank you to all of you guys for checking this out, your appreciation and above all your warm vibes :slight_smile:

@jpedro_AM - Joao - I really look forward to catching your version of this when you get to it, a terrific song to have as a goal, good luck with your work towards it!

@Beatup6String - Ashu - Your daughter clearly has good taste in music :slight_smile: And I’ll take that 100% as a verdict on it!!

@NicoleKKB - awesomely well exists now that’s for sure!

And @brianlarsen …Oops, yep, Fitter Happier is the dud in my ears, trust it to be you as someone who loves it :rofl:

@tRONd - Fade Out is another amazing song, hauntingly beautiful, I love it as well.

4 Likes

Good to see you back again, I hope all is well or at least improving. i am not familiar with the song, but I really enjoyed the performance.

1 Like

Hi Mark, great to see and hear you again. Hope this is a sign of you getting back to making more music and sharing it. I did not know this song well, but I really enjoyed your performance of it. I liked the way you mixed up the strumming pattern /intensity to keep it interesting.

1 Like

Hi Mark, good to see you back! I love Radiohead (Ok Computer is my favorite of their albums) and I really enjoyed this :+1: Guitar sounded really nice and your voice really suits this song.

I also am not a big Fitter, Happier fan :laughing: But I can appreciate its place on the album. I usually skip it though :wink:

1 Like

That was a really great cover Mark. That Faith does sound fantastic.

Glad to see you back and posting.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - both your story and your playing. Hope to hear more from you. Be well.

1 Like

Long time no see brother. Good to see and hear you! Don’t know that one but you did! Well done! Looks like Paul’s guitar is sad back there. My PRS has been on the hangar since the Taylor hit this Christmas but it gets grabbed now and then. Hope your days are better bud!…Rod

1 Like

Hey Rod, great to hear from you my friend and thank you so much for checking this out, always appreciated to get your comments. I see you’ve been busy too which is 100% awesome, you’ve put in so much time and effort and every second has been worth it. Gorgeous new Taylor too btw!!

Paul’s isn’t sad, trust me :joy:. She was just taking a breather whilst I got this tune under my fingers, for a solo go at it the song works better acoustically imo.

Hope everything is well with you :+1::guitar::heart:

1 Like

Hi Mark, welcome back! Glad you are back again, I already thought of you, as I haven’t seen any comments of you for a while. I wish you all the best and that life gets brighter again. Good to read, that your guitars helped you a bit to deal with the situation!
I didn’t know the song, but I liked your performance from the first note. Your voice fits the song and its melacholic vibe perfectly and I liked your strumming with the variations very much, not to tell the mellow sound of your Faith. Very enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Really brave to tackle Radiohead, just Thom Yorkes vocals really, but you have done a great job, well done!

1 Like

Hello Mark, I’m a bit late to the party, time is limited and there’s always so much interisting stuff going on in the Community! I can well relate when you say your guitars are your comfort and refuge, it is like that for me as well when life behaves rudely and is unkind; I hope things are getting better for you.
This is one of the very few Radiohead"s songs I know and your cover was very well done…I like your voice very much and as others have said it suits well the song. I’m happy to see you back!

1 Like

Great playing and vocals Mark. Awesome performance all round.
I also just read the update in your log and it’s good to hear that you’ve bounced back from your little setback. Hope you are close to being 100% again, if not already :+1:

1 Like

Glad to see you back!

Awesome cover of an awesome song, too!

1 Like

Nice cover
“This is what you’ll get…”
Love that line
Think you slowed that lyric down nicely
Danny

1 Like

@Notter
Hi Mark!
Well, you’ve chosen a beautiful and challenging song to cover.
And you handled it perfectly :+1:
Thanks for sharing!
Leo

1 Like