Karma Police - Notter

[Notter nudges the front door ajar, peers in, takes a deep breath and jumps…]

Hello All,
I hope that everyone in JGC-land is doing well and a super-belated happy 2024 to you all. I have a fair bit of updating to do since about November (post OM20 anyway) which I’m half way through tapping out in a learning log update but in a nutshell the Christmas / New Year period has not been super kind to me which is why I haven’t been about the place, or anywhere really!

Before unleashing all of that though, I am pleased to say that my beautiful guitars have always been with me and completely been my comfort and refuge, albeit privately for a while.

More than anything I didn’t want to reappear without something to share, so here we are guys and gals. I’ve been playing this for a good little while actually since Justin posted his lesson on it, a song I absolutely adore, and from an album I put up there as 99% perfect (one track knocks off that 1%, can you guess?? :slight_smile: ). But rather than rabbit on any further, I’ll just post and if you decide to take a listen, thank you.

37 Likes

Mark @Notter
I enjoyed that.
Glad you are back.
Michael

1 Like

Welcome back and well played! Karma Police is one of my goal songs. I hope it won’t be too long until I can also share a performance.

1 Like

Welcome back Mark. A good song that one, well played too. Your guitar tone sounds great.

Hope things have been ok for you, looking forward to that LL update.

1 Like

Good to have you back, Mark :slightly_smiling_face: I think, you managed to convey the mood of the song really well.

1 Like

Welcome back, Mark. Glad to have you back around. :slight_smile:

And what a comeback it was, such a good performance. Well played and sung. :clap: I very much enjoyed the listen.

Hope that things are going better for you now.

1 Like

Good to see you back, Mark, and to know that you’ve kept on plucking away. Very well played and sung my friend. Hope all is well.

1 Like

Hi Mark - good to see you again. You nailed that Radiohead vibe perfectly. Thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Mark, I was only thinking recently that I hadn’t seen you for a while. Happy belated ‘24 to you too.

Thanks for sharing, nice work, nice vocal tone and good to see back on the AVOYP again :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Enjoyed that one, good playing and singing! My teen daughter loves this song and said “that was fire” :+1:

3 Likes

Good to see you back Mark and great way to announce your return. Really well played and sung. More importantly I hope everything is going ok for you!!!

1 Like

This song always reminds me of a mix CD a friend burned for me in high school. Loved your rendition and embellishments!

1 Like

Welcome back Mark! I really hope your rough time stabilizes.

Very enjoyable performance - I missed Radiohead in their heyday - only now beginning to absorb some of their music. Terrific stuff, which you performed admirably.

1 Like

Welcome back Mark. That was really well played and sung. It’s a super song and you caught the vibe well.

1 Like

Welcome back Mark. I had wondered where you got to.

Nicely played on the Faith. :).

R

1 Like

Hope nothing to serious has been distracting you, Mark.

I had to Google to get the band, and have no idea of the album.

I’ve heard some say they can be melancholic, can belie that now listening to this.

Sounding good, so not lost your touch in the meanwhile. Guitar does sound great.

1 Like

Hi Mark
What a great performance :clap: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses: :man_bowing: and you already got the like after your first sentence…this song fits your voice great and I really enjoyed it ,

and I noticed your absence and you were getting very close to an PM…slight worries started to arise in my head, and I was very happy to see a video of you…I hope Karma will take care of you again :sunflower:
Greetings

3 Likes

Hello Mark, so good to see you’re back :smiley:. I was already worrying, as I haven’t seen any postings/comments from you in a while.
I really hope, live has meanwhile become easier again.
Playing guitar definitely helps walking through rough times (at least, that’s the case for me).

Although I know and like some Radiohead songs, I’ve never come across this one before.
What a beautiful and melancholic tune :blush:. You played and sang it so well. Very soulful :smiling_face:. There are some really deep notes to sing. I think you managed them awesomely well :clap::clap::clap: (does this expression exist :thinking:?)

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:!

2 Likes

Mark great job man just beautifully done.

1 Like

Hi Mark
Welcome back and good to see you :smiling_face:
that was great, I enjoyed listening

yep, I would go with that… says it all :slight_smile:

Hope things get better for you soon :sunflower:

2 Likes