Katana 100 Mk 2 speakers and headphone at the same time

Iā€™d agree Majik and thatā€™s what we do but it all depends what amps etc. you are using. I still see plenty of bands micā€™ing amps even today so itā€™s still pretty common.

To a degree if heā€™s using the bose and youā€™re using an amp that sort of explains why you are getting lost in the mix a bit (even from your own perspective). I suspect heā€™s got a one man band setup which he uses all the time and of course youā€™re just joining him for the odd song. If you are doing a longer set it would be a good idea to see if you could both utilise that Bose BUT even better would be - as Majik says - if heā€™s got a little mixer that you could all plug into and then go into one of the channels of the Boseā€¦that would be the preferred approach as itā€™s easier to adjust your mix etc. Iā€™d be gob smacked if he doesnā€™t have a mixer.

1 Like

Man, all this production stuff! I have a hard enough time with just me and my guitar!

I will remain the Luddite I am and use steel strings, wood and air.

3 Likes

What and miss all the fun. There is always the DAW :rabbit: :hole: to keep you on your toes. :rofl:

1 Like

Just an update, I have found the solution for anyone else who has the need to hear what they are playing on stage. I bought a cheap set of in ear wireless monitors(Air Bridge) and I plugged the transmitter module into the LINE OUT socket on the back of the Katana 100 Mk II using a a suitable lead. I can now plug in the headset or earbuds into the receiver module and I can hear what I am playing as well as the rest of the band.

As usual the simple solution works best, all for the cost of about Ā£50 + the ear buds

2 Likes