Katana - firmware upgrade and long press effects

I recently posted a (mediocre) solo on AVOYP that was made worse by a poor mix between the backing track and my guitar. In trying to figure out how to make it better, I came across some info on the recent firmware upgrade to the Katana amp (ht to @Majik for the firmware heads up).

@DavidP I bet I had “Solo Boost” enabled when I recorded (in addition to the BT level too low).

I don’t know if the “long press” capabilities have always been available, but Solo Boost is a new feature that makes your guitar a little louder if you press and hold Ch1. I found the list of other press and hold functions on a BossKatana redit thread - credit to redit member @metalmoto79 for the original post, I think there’s a lot of Katana users in the JG community who might find this interesting:

GA-FC long press functions
[CHI] - [CH4] or [PANEL]:
SOLO BOOST

[EFFECTS]:
[CHI] SOLO BOOST
[CH2] EXP PEDAL ON/OFF
[CH3] FX LOOP ON/OFF
[CH4] TAP TEMPO DELAY I
[PANEL] TAP TEMPO DELAY 2
[PANEL] when channel selected:
SWITCH BANK A - B

In other words, if you are playing and have the GA-FC foot switch, long-press any channel and Solo Boost will activate/deactivate. The channel red led will blink when solo boost is engaged. Solo boost makes it one louder - so this amp really can go to 11.

If you have the effects buttons activated on the GA-FC then long pressing a button will do as it described above e.g. long press ch2 to turn an expression pedal on or off.

Hope this helps someone!

3 Likes

I knew it would happen one day. :joy:

Thanks for the info James.

When you are at ten where can you go from there? Ours go one louder!

1 Like