Kia ora from New Zealand

Kia ora. I’m 48 years old and I picked up a guitar for the first time 2 months ago. I have been following the Grade 1, and now Grade 2 courses on the app.

I live in New Zealand, with my partner who is an excellent guitarist of more than 40 years. He is showing admirable tolerance for my taking over one of his acoustic guitars.

I look forward to learning from you all.
Mandy

6 Likes

Hey Mandy, great to hear from you. My wife is a Kiwi. We moved back there for 3 months nearly 10 years ago when I was first learning guitar (at the age of 53) and I played my first open mic at a cafe just outside of Clive (between Napier and Hastings). Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Mandy! South Island here, welcome to JG!

Its great you have someone around both skilled and wont be too worried when you arrive hoe with a new guitar!

2 Likes

Hi Mandy and welcome to the community. I hope your experience here is a fun one. You’ll find plenty of support and friendly encouragement here.

2 Likes

Welcome Mandy, wish you well as you become a guitar player.

2 Likes

Kia ora @mandysimpson!

I love that language, especially after watching “3 minute board games”; a channel where somebody explain board games in 3 minutes. (A bit of a board game fan myself)

With strong ties to Australia (especially Tasmania), this community gladly enriches itself with some kiwi influence! :smiley:

No matter how good your husband is, we’ll always be here if you don’t dare to ask home something a third or fourth time :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community Mandy. :slight_smile:

More antipodean’s coming along. They must have heard JK and Shane playing.

1 Like

Kia ora Mandy, welcome to JG. I’m another late-starting Kiwi. I’ve been playing a couple of months too, I’m still consolidating Grade1 and trying to memorize and record some songs.

1 Like

Welcome Mandy.
Good luck as you learn, you have come to the right place for sure.
Good luck too as you make attempts to pick up and play your partner’s favourite most-treasured guitars!! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Mandy,
Welcome and i wish you enormously fun here… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Are you finding your way already?
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Rogier, yes I’m starting to find my way round - lots to read and so much useful info. I’ve been feeling a bit stuck - Grade 2 is so much harder than Grade 1 was, and its been really helpful to read other people’s approaches.

Hi Mandy,
I can’t remember it well in my mind grade 2, but nice (fun)big jumps are being made …as far as I was concerned …certainly to and in grade 3 :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile: … where a lot of our memory is also demanded …but especially search for music tracks that are mentioned and play along with you-tube (daily if possible) in due time and certainly also alone so as not to make mistakes you don`t hear…keep it small lesson lesson,… wish you lots of fun and success .and I look forward to music from you … good luck.
Don’t spend too much time on the community, because that will be at the expense of your guitar practice time…(oh, I’m saying this to myself now :shushing_face:)
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like