Kia ora from NZ! \m/><\m/

Hey and welcome :metal:

Great looking Solar guitar, I think Solars look amazing in general. Really want a Type A or S Solar somewhere down the line. Only issue is they’re difficult to find in stores, not even sure they are sold in stores over here. I’m guessing you bought yours online?

I’ve never heard of or come across Skeletonwtich. Just listened to a few songs of their latest album which all sound great so far, probably going to end up buying the CD :grin:

For potential bad habits, they can be difficult to iron out as relearning takes a lot more effort than just learning something. But keep your eyes, or ears, on the songs you aim to play and believe you can do it with practice.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff! Hope you enjoy your time here. Keep up the good studying as it definitely pays off! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @alexisduprey, yeah I’m keen to give it a go, just got to pick up the courage! :flushed::joy:

1 Like

Hey @MarcoD96, thanks for your message and stoked you’re enjoying Skeletonwitch! :metal: They have a great back catalogue, their first couple of albums are killer :metal::confounded:
Yeah, Solar guitars are gorgeous eh?! Especially the Type S, would love one of those too! I love the Evertune bridge they come with as well, having that keeping everything constantly in tune is just one less thing to worry about haha! Yeah, I imported mine direct from their online store, they were great to deal with, highly recommend that option.
Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @suzieq really appreciate your encouraging words! :hugs:

1 Like

Jeff,

Impressive collection! Welcome! Rock on! :metal:

2 Likes

Hi Jeff.
A very warm welcome to the community.
What a back story, thanks for sharing. And you will be amazed at how common a theme your story carries. Tried, got stuck, looked online for tab, got stuck, chugged a bit, got stuck etc.
Going from scratch in the beginners course is brave and correct. You will learn properly, ingrain good habits, correct bad habits, speed on through parts you already can do, and establish firm foundation.

:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @Crystalcz & @Richard_close2u, nice to meet you both! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Jeff, welcome. Justin Guitar has enough content to improve your foundations and then take you further ahead in your metal road.

2 Likes

Welcome to community!

2 Likes

Hi @dobleA & @Guitar_n00b1, thanks for your kind welcomes! Loving this community, so many good vibes and great knowledge being shared! Feel very privileged to be part of it :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Sorry I missed your intro thread Jeff, but a belated welcome from across the pond.

Never got down to Dunedin, but I did have a very nice beer from there, when I did a driving holiday from Christchurch to Queenstown in '07.

1 Like

Yeah Dunedin is a little off the main route for travelers, but we do have some quality breweries, so always worth a detour! :beers::wink::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kia ora!

I’m really new to guitar, only been playing a few weeks. I’m playing my dad’s first guitar, a 1967 Futurama electric guitar, with a Boss Katana 50 Mk II amp. I like fingerpicking on clean/acoustic. My favourite tune so far is the Spanish Romance. Am looking forward to learning more and connecting with other players in the Wellington/Kapiti area.

1 Like

Kia ora @ElectronFive !! Huge welcome to a fellow kiwi!!

I searched that guitar as I’m not familiar with it and they look pretty rad from the results that came up! Would love to see a photo of yours. Can’t go wrong with a Boss Katana either, great amps for learning on (and more!) :sunglasses: :+1:

Great that you posted here (and can totally see why you did given the title of my thread :slight_smile:), but highly recommend creating a New Topic and using the “Introduce yourself…” tag as that will start a new thread for people to respond to you directly. I know there are plenty of other kiwis on here, some up your way too I believe that would be keen to say hi (plus all the other super friendly folk from around the world too! :smiley: ). In fact, if you go to the below link and hit new topic, that should get you sorted:

Would be great to hear more about what you’ve been practicing to date, some of your history as a guitar player and what you’re hoping to achieve, if you’re happy to share :slight_smile:

nga mihi nui! :sunglasses: :+1: