Killing in the name of - bass

Hi, great song, learned the parts today. I’ll work on the arrangement if I ever need to learn the song proper, but the line is wicked groovy in Drop D. Also tried a new view for recording the songs. Please tell me what you think!

Peace

11 Likes

Love RATM and this song. That intro with the bass is iconic and you did it really well!

1 Like

Sick :metal:

1 Like

Sounded great, John, and I enjoyed the camera angle, even in a portrait mode (usually find landscape better)

1 Like

Hey Mr Bass-man. You’ve got the groove!

1 Like

distracted

3 Likes

Hi John,
Sounds nice and tight…and I prefer to see the instrument with the head of the person in the video…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Nice groovey piece, sounded great and guitar looks superb! Are those black strings as well?!

1 Like

That is noiiice.

I also prefer to see the player, but the important thing is that it sounds great!

1 Like

Awesome! Cool song and so much fun to play!
As a guitarist I also sometimes bring that one out of the closest, when I feel the need to just groove along… and use a whammy pedal :wink: You definitely did the bass parts justice here.

1 Like

That was darned good John. Sounding great and loving that camera angle, an educational treat for me as well !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey John,
I don’t play on the cam often, but have experimented like you with differing cam angles. Yours is cool from the bottom or end, like that.

I like your bass play, very groovy and sounded good. Keep up the good play and cam work,
LB

1 Like

Yes! They are black beauties, as endorsed by Geezer Butler.

The coating does indeed seem to last longer than other strings I’ve used and the tone holds pretty well.

And no fret markings, surprisingly I didn’t miss them. They’re still there on the side.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Hi Man, well done, you clearly have the technique down! I think the next step is to focus on the timing, perhaps using a metronome (if that doesn’t bore you to death) and starting from a lower BPM, cause I can hear you missing the beat in some passages, but that’s absolutely normal when practicing new songs

1 Like