Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door - Bob Dylan - remastered!

I haven’t posted an AVoYP for a while as to be honest I’ve been a bit intimidated by all the whizz bang DAW produced, multi camera angle productions that you guys can create.
Then tonight after a couple (or 4) beers I thought **** it, I’m going to put something together using what I’ve got.

KOHD was the first AVoYP I ever posted back in July 2020, so I thought let’s see if I can improve on it.
I made a Trio+ backing track, put a lead loop on it using my electric and the sang and played my acoustic and as usual used my phone to record. I can’t balance any of the levels other than sing and strum and play the amp more loudly/quietly. Once I thought all the levels were reasonable I did a one take.
Here it is. In the words of the song, it’s getting dark, too dark to see. I really must buy a super trooper!
Also, why does the thumbnail always choose a weird looking still?

29 Likes

You certainly don’t need to be intimidated, Gordon. This performance was good and goes to show you don’t need the multitrack, multiple angles, DAW and all the rest to make good music. Sometimes less is more. Nice track; I enjoyed it a lot.

3 Likes

Wow Gordon!!
You certainly dont need any fancy equipment, sounded great. Loved the sound from your guitar, same with your voice… top notch :+1:

Please post more AVOYPs Gordon, this is good stuff!

1 Like

Sounded great Gordon, the way Mr Bob intended! Nice clipetty-clop beat, solid rhythm, and top notch vocals we have come to expect. Really nice track all the way around.

1 Like

Very nice, Gordon, great use of your Trio and loop, sounds really professional!

There’s a way to select the thumbnail image … but I don’t know how so can’t help you there.

1 Like

Those beers serve you well Gordon, it is amazing how big of a step you made over those years. I would suggest putting up your first cover of this song here for others to compare what sticking to the programme can make to a person’s ability to play. And your thumbnail is awesome, I would tell you how to pick one but I like it how it is so let’s just keep it a secret :smile: all the best!

3 Likes

So glad to see you posting another AVOYP. To be honest I’ve missed them. I had assumed you hadn’t posted one in a while as you might have been just busy with life.
I’m sorry you felt a bit intimidated, and can understand where you’re coming from, but let me tell you this Gordon, in all honesty.
You’re a damn fine player mate, with great rhythm, and a great voice as well. I always look forward to your performances, and have picked up a few ideas from them as well.
Nothing sweeter in the world than an acoustic / vocal performance. And your performance of this Dylan classic is yet another testament to that. :+1:

Keep em comin mate.

Cheers,
Shane

1 Like

@adi_mrok you’re funny and naughty and I love you :laughing:

3 Likes

I think you and your music are wonderful Gordon. You’re up there shining bright in my eyes. You had my toes tapping as I sat on the edge of the chair loving and enjoying every note.

Phooey to the thoughts that keep you away. They are liars and cheats.

1 Like

Keep on knocking those beers down, that was superb Gordon. Forget all that whizz bang daw stuff. Keep on belting out those Sairfingers Unplugged AVOYPs.

1 Like

Absolutely marvellous, Gordon … I say more beers if it quietens the unhelpful inner critic. You are a fine player and singer, your rhythm, phrasing, melody always inspirational and you have extended yourself to make creative use of the Trio plus now adding the lead. Lot’s to love. Keep 'em coming.

1 Like

Buy that man another drink! I’m mentally toasting you with a fine Laphroaig or Lagavulin :wine_glass:

Spontaneous is almost always good and I’m sure if the Gordon who started knocking on the door back then could see how far the low(-fi) road has taken him, he’d be well chuffed.
You play your gorgeous guitars and sing the songs you like. That’s what it’s all about.
No need to waste good time fiddling about with programs on a computer to try and make yourself sound ‘better’.
Skol!

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
That was beautiful, this number really suits you very well, like a well-fitting jacket :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
And as for that Thumbnail,…I agree with Adrian…and I don’t remember how I did it myself once…and how you also can look at it,… your friendly smile after that that appears is even better :smile:

I just read your words by Maggie’s thread… , sincere condolences :sunflower:

1 Like

I too so enjoyed this, Gordon. I love watching your chord change embellishments. You do them so well. So glad to hear another from you. So entertaining. Keep them coming!

1 Like

I really enjoyed that, great acoustic playing. Seems like a few beers does the trick, must try that

1 Like

Fantastic stuff! Loved it!

1 Like

Wow, you’re the total package! What a great performance. With skills like that, just hit record and share.

Like @adi_mrok suggested would be great to see your earlier share from a couple of years back to see how you’ve progressed.

1 Like

Super Job Gordon, Great Strumming and Great Voice. Enjoyed This, keep posting more.

1 Like

Those fingers didn’t look sore to me! Super job all the way around sir….Rod

1 Like

That sounded great. So enjoyed and don’t see a need for more gear. So, what I need is four beers or possibly more for me to get a video to post lol? Not a chance after seeing how well you did. I would probably end up in the floor :wink:.

1 Like