Knockin on Heaven’s Door cover

I’ve been working on Proud Mary and am struggling with the transition embellishments between the chorus and verse. I want that mastered before I record it. To boost my confidence I took a step back and learned Bob Dylan’s Knockin on Heaven’s Door. It’s nice to be able to feel I can play a song well enough to record the same day I first try to learn it.

21 Likes

Hello Joe, that was a really nice rendition :smiley::+1:.
And yes, it’s definitely a song that doesn’t need too much time to get it under the fingers. That was a welcome surprise to me, when I learned it some months ago. You get lots of output for relatively little input. I love this kind of songs :innocent:.
And now Joe, with this boost in confidence, on to Proud Mary :smiley:.

1 Like

Thanks Nicole! Yeah, I’m definitely going to keep working on Proud Mary. :+1:

1 Like

Nice, smooth playin there Joe. Good voice you’ve got there too.
Onto Proud Mary. That transition you’re talking about can be played in various ways, so maybe experiment, and just keep at it.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Fantastic cover Joe :+1: :+1: to learn and record in one day that’s epic, great work. Its on my list to learn one day real soon

1 Like

Hi Joe,
Where’s that campfire when we need it :fire: :fire: :fire: :sunglasses: :clap: … nice performance :sunglasses:
Greetings

2 Likes

Nicely done Joe, worked in those embellishment very well. Great vox as well. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good cover Joe, you seem very comfortable with it. Nice subtle embellishments that add a lot to the variety and interest of the song, and if I may be so bold your voice has a Dylan quality to it!

I’ll look forward to your finished article of Proud Mary! Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Very nice Job on both singing and playing Joe!

1 Like

Wow, thanks everybody. I truly appreciate the kind words.

@sclay Thanks for the kind words. I will try to play around with some alternates for the transition. The song just needs something there to keep it from being boring.

@Argonaut779237 . Go for it sooner rather than later. Looking back, I should have added this one early in Grade One. I’m sure you can knock it out of the park.

@roger_holland Yep, this is definitely being added to my campfire list :+1:t2: :fire:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Thanks Tony. I recalled Justin taking about adding embellishments of some kind when I watched the video a few weeks so I decided to play around with it a bit. I’m glad they worked out.

@Notter Wow, what a compliment re: the Dylan quality. Thank you. I continue to work on Proud Mary. It may take some time, but it will get there.

@Eddie_09 Thanks Eddie, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Excellent job here Joe! Your strumming is steady and your rhythm is solid. You did a great job with the embellishments at the end of the bar. Keep it up and keep rocking :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Travis, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Cracking version of the song Joe. Strumming and singing were really good. Very enjoyable.

I’m looking forward to your version Proud Mary.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan. Man, I need to get crack’n on Proud Mary so I don’t let everyone down :wink:

1 Like

Hello Joe, sounds really good to my ears! And it’s just a first attempt! :open_mouth::star_struck::blush: Good luck with the River Boat Queen, one among my favourites ever, so I look foward to listen to your rendition when ready!

1 Like

Nice job tackling this in a day. Was a nice rendition and I really enjoyed that you covered the singing as well. I look forward to hearing you with Proud Mary when that is ready.

1 Like

Hi Joe,

Guitar sounds sweet.
Nailed the rhythm.
Good job on the vocal.

Digger

1 Like

Thanks @SILVIA, @royshea & @Digger72, I greatly appreciate it.