Knocking on Heaven’s Door - My first finger picked song

I really enjoyed it and thought it was great. A lot better than Dylan’s version but not as good as GnR’s version. In my opinion of course.

Had to check the JC version out now. It is great. He really is a fabulous singer, so raw and emotional, beyond ‘just’ singing a song. Liked the simple guitar accompaniment.

Shows the mastery of Dylan that the song works so well when performed on either end of a spectrum, from the simple raw emotion of Cash to the rocking out of GnR.

Recently watched a documentary on YT about The Travelling Wilburys that also showcased Dylan’s lyric-writing ability.

Hi Tosh. Great first picking style recording. Picking sounded clean and as others have pointed out, your voice is really rich and matches the song very well. Did sound to me a bit like Johnny Cash, and not many people have the ability to do that. Btw, Justin has a couple of videos on singing, which I’m finding very helpful.

Don’t shoot me, but I only knew of this as a Guns N Roses song :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Your performance of the JC/BD version is on the other end of the spectrum, so soothing, almost lulling the listener into a quiet and peaceful state of mind. A beautiful and inspiring fingerpicking performance that has me looking forward to that beginner lesson in Grade 2 soon :smiley:

1 Like

That was really good Tosh. I just learned this song last night as a morale booster. You take it to another level by doing it finger style that adds a wonderful element.

1 Like

Hey, I saw GNR last year in concert and love there version of Knocking on Heaven’s Door. So no problem at all. Very different from the Dylan version, of course! They are both great in there own way. Thanks for the listen!

1 Like