Kvinde Min; Kim Larsen/Gasolin (cover)

Fremragende ydeevne!! Brian, you’ve done it again. I didn’t understand a word but was totally engaged throughout. Well done and, as always, very entertaining.

1 Like

Nice Melody. Wondering what genre that is classified in. Nice vocals, as always. Another enjoyable and a bit unique (singing in Danish) performance. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Great one Brian :wink:

Perfectly possible to understand what you were singing, and this is one of those songs that everyone in Denmark knows (and most love, some openly and some secretly :slight_smile: )

Selv tak!

Kasper

2 Likes

@twistor59 Cheers, Phil :smiley:
Gotta love Danish Pete.
Legend :sunglasses:

Still easier than writing them from scratch :rofl:
although in this case, as I suspected-

Makes me smile that I was on the cutting edge liking it when it came out in the early 70s :laughing:
Mange tak.

Keep it clean, Leo :laughing: but thanks for the listen and thumbs up.

@oldhead49 As always, much appreciated, Dave

@pkboo3 Thanks Pam (and congrats again on your collab). :smiley:
The original by Gasolin’ would have been one of the ‘soft songs’ on a rock record.
Kim Larsen’s later versions, I’d classify as popular folk, almost what the Germans call Schlager music :open_mouth:

Well,
I could not understand a word you sang… LOL Nothing new there Brian… LOL - JK

Liked the vox and bright tone on your guitar work. All came together nicely! Good job!

Hum, I hear something in there that sounds sort of drum like…?

All the best and English next round mate! :grinning:
LB

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Hope you’re well.

I think the extent of my Danish music knowledge is King Diamond. Maybe some other death metal band or 2 whom I no longer listen to. (The things we listened to when we were young… :))
Still listen to King Diamond though.

I digress.

Had no idea what the lyrics were about, but was someone called a “tosser” at the 40 second mark? :slight_smile:

Anyway, kudos to you for pushing the boat out and bringing something well off the beaten track to the fore.

As always, a charming performance.

Digger

1 Like

Hey Mr L a little late to this party. Seem to be missing notifications for some reason. Still not caught up on your recent lodger’s performance !! Despite your comments, I really admire your linguistic skills. It all sounded pretty plausible to me, even if half of Scandinavia was running for the hills. :rofl: Anyway twas a good and entertaining performance as usual.

Now you’re sending me a Spotify deep dive, as I recognise the Gasolin name from a very distant past and knew I liked what they were pumping out at the time. Heck it could be someone else entirely but off for a wee Danish bunny dig. :wink:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Brian! As always, everything was consistently wonderful, vocals and everything else!

Mike

1 Like

Apologies for tardy replies- just finishing ‘catching up’ :roll_eyes:

@LBro Much appreciated as always, Brother :smiley:
The drum ‘n’ bass will be my trusty Trio+
I did take your advice and translated my latest Danish one (that can kill you) into English :laughing:

Cheers, Steven
Never heard of King Diamond. Must check them out.

Haha, funnily enough tosser is Danish for fools/crazies :rofl:

Aw, Thanks @TheMadman_tobyjenner :smiley:
Much appreciated. Have you not gone native in the francophone department?
I’m as happy to make a fool out of myself linguistically as musically. I find most people smile at anyone giving it a go (or are just very polite!) :rofl:

Cheers, @MikeSebastianP
Always appreciate the listen and encouragement.
Loved your latest :smiley:

1 Like