La Bamba Riff Lesson on JustinGuitar

“La Bamba” - a fun riff to practice all the skills you learned in Module 10!

View the full lesson at La Bamba Riff | JustinGuitar

Am I missing something as it appears there is a missing note in the `tab at the end shouldn’t here be a finish note with 3 fret on the 5th string ?

I agree with Garry9665 on the ending C note. Also, shouldn’t the second full bar start with 1 or does it matter?

The C note is already in the first bar after the pick up part. You can add it to the end if you want. The tab diagram on the video is a bit simplified. But you can clearly see the repeat signs on the video description below.
And I think Justin only puts numbers and pluses for the notes that you need to play. Maybe he is trying say that you need to wait and shouldn’t play any note at 1.

Not to be “that guy” but aren’t the first lyrics to the song “para bailar la bamba” not “la la la la la bamba”?

Fun fact, Ritchie Valens didn’t really know how to speak Spanish, he was only able to sing this in spanish specifically because he practiced the pronunciation of the lyrics phonetically over and over

2 Likes

Had a real blast learning the entire lesson. Started out with the riff, then harmony and finished it off with also doing the strumming c-f-g push.

Can really feel myself improving learning new things and implementing them

1 Like

I would sing “La la la la bamba” when I heard it come on the radio as a kid. Recently I learned spanish and realized it was “Para bailar la bamba.” Yes, you are correct lol

I will always hate you, Mini F. With a passion! lol

I have an easier time with the mini F if I use four fingers. Trying to flatten my index finger across two strings doesn’t work most of the time!

Welcome the the form Keith.
It’s better to learn the mini barre, as you progess you’ll use that chord shape all over the neck and will need to use your pinkey for embellishments. So you may aswell learn it now instead of later.

2 Likes

I LOVE GUTAR. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

:laughing: :sweat_smile: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :kissing_heart: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :laughing: :grinning: :grinning: :smiley: :smiley: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart_eyes: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :yum: :yum: :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m having a hard time with counting especially with 16th strumming or with riffing while counting, and it’s much easier for me to listen to rhythm. Is it very important or can I trust my hearing?

Same here. I pretty much know the riff part, now onto the strumming push. The thing is, I haven’t figured a way to play the mini F chord with the high E string barred, so I just play the full barre chord xD

Since I don’t really like this riff, is there anything alternative I could play for this module?

The iconic Redemption Song riff by Bob Marley is about the same difficulty level I think, but it’s in the key of G major.

Or No Woman no Cry, that’s in C major. Perhaps less of riff though.

No es que seas ese güey porque era necesario ser dicho :smiley:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who struggled with this. I left comments asking about this but I did so on Justin’s lesson for the full song. The full song lesson is different and I haven’t figured out why yet. For the riff, maybe not correct notation but I wrote out my own tab where Justin returns to the C and then carries on from C to the E D F A G portion. It is a repeat of the second bar. Or simple said, after the 3rd bar, finish the riff by going back and playing the 2nd bar. Now to figure out how this relates to the double note playing of the riff. :slight_smile:

I find the full barre chords a bit easier for the rhythm part on this one. Is that just me? Just seems easier if you can do the full F to slide up two frets to do the G.