La Nonchalante (for Dad)

Tommorow is my fathers burial… He always liked French Chanson, so I made myself a good Pastis and then this video. A song about a skipper and his barge (La Nonchalante), the time has come for him to retire, but he is reluctant. He decides to take his barge on “le grand bleu”, the wide open sea, to set sail to Syracuse. We all know how that will end…
Always nice, that m - mM7 - m7 progression :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Beautifully played and sung. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Played and sung with great feeling, John, a wonderful way to remember your father.

1 Like

What a great way to remember your father, I’m sure he will be smiling down at you!
Lovely singing and playing, excellent!

1 Like

John, there was a wonderful air of nonchalance in your performance. So good. I’m hoping you made lots of musical memories with your dad. My condolences.

1 Like

Lovely playing and singing John. Heartfelt. Play that song every time you think about your dad and the happy memories will return.

1 Like

Beautiful. Sorry for your loss. A lovely way to remember him.

1 Like

C’est magnifique, John!!

I really enjoyed that. What a lovely song and what a great way to bring back memories of your dad.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, John. What a great way to remember your dad and handle with grief. Beautifully sung and played!

1 Like

@Bruggelink beautiful and from the heart and soul.

1 Like

Thank you all, for your kind words… :yellow_heart:

Soft and nice flowing music, it was good to sit back and have a good listening to that. Well done John, lot’s of feeling going on there in a nice way.

1 Like

Wow. Beautiful guitar playing and your delivery is perfectly pitched emotionally. Wonderful.

1 Like

Cette chanson est magnifique! Thank you for sharing the lovely performance to honor your father. I wanted to do something similar when my father passed away. I guess I still can one day in his memory. My condolences for your loss.

Jeff

1 Like

John,
Good play, tones, overall mix and vox. Wish I understood the lyrics. But it sounds familiar. Enjoyed it and hope to hear more! My condolences to you on your loss…

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like