Lay Me Low (Nick Cave)

Very cheerful! Fitting for Halloween though.

I thought the production was pretty good, charming all around, if a little melancholic. Were you doing rhythm guitar?

Showing off your community skillz there as well with that poll. You trickster…

1 Like

That was amazing! Definitely a treat! :smiley:
:sunflower:

1 Like

I know :rofl:

1 Like

Bad Brian bad Brian… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
the whole sentence otherwise I will seem like an even bigger brute in the eyes of some :laughing:

Occasionally you go off track, but usually you have a very pleasant singing/speaking voice… I thought it was a bit harsh the way I put it down… ( I don’t like the English word ‘lack off’ and it lacks (now it`s good :laughing:) all nuance for me…) and yes, you can have/handle the comment … but still …

Oh well, you know that yourself, of course, but I had to let you know among all the halalujah here and what will come :grin::innocent:

:see_no_evil: missed that :joy:

Ps: I will definitely put this one on again… today and yesterday it is already the 3rd song (actually 5th but 3 they came from 1 person) that I can really enjoy… good harvest :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is ‘In the Neighbourhood’.

1 Like

Cheers, JK

I only laid down simple downstrums for the draft structure with the Trio+, which I sent to the others. Everything was then replaced one by one.
I do still occasionally play though :rofl:
Gotta try all the facilities at least once, eh? and it was a way to get Halloween in there :wink:

Thank you so much, Jasmine, and a warm welcome to the Community.
In your own time, why not pop over the Introduce yourself section and share a little how you came to join this lovely group? :grinning:

I have a reputation to uphold :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Definitely a treat Brian and loved the accompanying video. Happy Halloween to you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

that was great! Do wish I could have seen video of you, but this was an excellent production…so I guess we’ll let it slide!

1 Like

Who’s funeral is it…? :wink: :slight_smile:

@brianlarsen Nice production and performance Brian, has made me smile as usual, I agree with Stefan’s end of the night feel, maybe more tipsy than drunk perhaps…I presume you’re not tracking identities with the poll!!!

1 Like

I don’t know much Nick Cave, maybe only what I’ve heard you play (!), so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Enough to check out iTunes and ‘invest’ in The Boatman’s Call. Not one of your suggestions, but it gets great reviews online and as a bonus it was only $5.99. :slightly_smiling_face:

The video was perfect too

1 Like

A dirty dirge indeed Brian!
Well done.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

You’ll not be surprised to hear that I don’t know the song Brian. I admire your ability to put collaborations together and produce something like this. Clearly a load of work has gone into putting all this together. Entertaining and artistic as ever.
I ticked both boxes in your consumer survey as I was both treated and tricked. :grinning:

1 Like

Always a treat from you, Brian! (Delicately laced with a hint of trick as well of course :wink: :sweat_smile:)
Sooooo dug listening to that! :smiley: Pulled me straight to 3am at the pointy end of a massive bender with some great mates! Perhaps something for the community to aspire to at some future point when stars align and we meet for a grand night of guitar, drinks and song! :guitar: :beers: :partying_face: :wink: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing like a New Orleans (end of life) Knees Up, great film, were you on location !!

What a great start to Jour De Toussaint, I can hear the spirits listening in. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: Superb Larsen colab sir congrats to you all. No critique from me I just wallowed in the misery and humour.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Fabulous Brian and tip the hat to the rest of the band.

Smart use of the Trio to create a rough version to communicate the ideas.

Hope you feel sufficient love … yes I saw the needy begging over in the lick challenge topic :grin:

2 Likes

Definite treat Brian. A great feel to it and your vocals were very good. Well done!

1 Like

Its the start lol

2 Likes

Your productions are always a treat to me, Brian :hugs:. Good Halloween vibes :jack_o_lantern:. Enjoyed it a lot on this morning after our Halloween kids party :grin:.

1 Like

Well Brian,
It would seem there is a lot of Larson in this one! Were there no female Larsons to be had?

Good stuff and I enjoyed the mix too. You have come a ways since just a video of you strumming your 6 string! Sounding and looking good.

Keep it up and we will call you the overachiever!
:grin:
LB

1 Like

First impression was the interesting ceremonial dance on the video. I love ceremonies like that - Military events, school bands…

And yes, definitely a treat from you. Strong, intense, animated vocals.

I noticed your credits. You’ve got a band there!

Well done!!

2 Likes