Lay Me Low (Nick Cave)

Here’s a cheerful little ditty for you all to enjoy :wink:
Decide for yourselves-
Have you been:

• Tricked :open_mouth:
  • Treated :laughing:
0 voters
22 Likes

Always a treat from you Brian. I liked the, “drunk at the end of the night” feel to the song. The video went well with the song too.

1 Like

I feel both Brian!!
tricked that i dont get to see youre friendly face and cool guitar play.
Treated that you do youre own cool thing and does things i would never ever think about… love that voice of yours singing and chanting about stuff from the dark side of the society!! keep it up Brian, you never disappoint!!

1 Like

Jeez Brian, it’s a bit early in the morning for me :laughing:
Seriously it’s true to form for you, loadsa fun and humour, :person_shrugging: how you do it!
Keep the coming it’s good for my sanity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That was excellent Brian, do not know the song though really enjoyed this. Was the production through Reaper?

1 Like

Wouldn’t have a clue what you’re talking about, mate :wink:

I’m afraid nothing of the original draft I sent out to the team (guitar, vox, drum & bass) survived into the final version. I tried to leave a bit of my axe-work in, but the waters were getting too muddy :laughing:

You’re a sick man, Darrell :rofl:

Aye, it was, Mal. I’ve learned how to adjust levels, pan, add reverb and cut ‘n’ paste to edit out any mistakes and timing issues. It’s only the tip of the iceberg, but covers a lot of the low-hanging fruit.
The song is from his Let Love In album, which is great. Another fab one to get into is No More Shall We Part
Ta for the listen and compliment :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Enjoyed that reminded me of “Live and let die” New Orleans funeral :smiling_face:
Enjoyed your song was great went with it very well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there again
Like Trond (maybe also for another reason :smile:) but both, so of course I chose… tricked .

You should definitely pass on your thanks to the rest of the group :bouquet: :sunglasses: :clap: :star_struck: (you do but smash it in), and even more than usual, Chris’ guitar was fantastic ,naturally inspired by the feeling of the song with a great video… what you lack in singing qualities at some points (when it goes harder and higher sometimes ) is more than compensated for by the feeling that is radiated …
This could easily have been my “going home” in any pub in the late hours…
:man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing:
BIS!!!BIS!!!BIS!!!

Greetings,

1 Like

Definitely I feel treated, Brian. :smiley:

Great overall production, mix sounded good to my ears (especially vocal layering in this one). I always enjoy to see some collaborations and you put it all together as the mastermind. Video choice couldn’t have been better, I guess. You kind of put the fun in funeral. :face_with_peeking_eye: :sweat_smile:

Very entertaining, as usual. Thanks for that one, Brian. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The video, then shown on MTV, reminds me of a Tom Waits song from ‘Swordfish Trombones’ album.

1 Like

Cheers, Amanda. You’re showing your age now :rofl:
I loved that film as a kid and yes, that was probably what made me think of the New Orleans funeral thing :laughing:

@roger_holland As the least competent ‘musician’ of the band, and being the self-appointed ‘leader’ (:roll_eyes:), I feel have to rule with an iron fist and compliments are strictly rationed :rofl:

Ouch! :rofl:
… but all is forgiven for the standing ovation :wink:
(I specifically added the facility of ticking both boxes for ‘difficult’ clients who shall remain nameless :smile:)

Oooh, I like that! Vielen Dank :grinning:

and I’ll definitely have to remember that one :laughing:

I don’t recall that and couldn’t see it at quick glance. Could you send me a link?
Regarding Mr. Waits, well that was a spectacular album. I’m guessing the most likely candidate song would be In The Neighbourhood, which blew me away when it came out
Similar vibe visually, as well as sonically :grinning:

4 Likes

Very cheerful! Fitting for Halloween though.

I thought the production was pretty good, charming all around, if a little melancholic. Were you doing rhythm guitar?

Showing off your community skillz there as well with that poll. You trickster…

1 Like

That was amazing! Definitely a treat! :smiley:
:sunflower:

1 Like

I know :rofl:

1 Like

Bad Brian bad Brian… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
the whole sentence otherwise I will seem like an even bigger brute in the eyes of some :laughing:

Occasionally you go off track, but usually you have a very pleasant singing/speaking voice… I thought it was a bit harsh the way I put it down… ( I don’t like the English word ‘lack off’ and it lacks (now it`s good :laughing:) all nuance for me…) and yes, you can have/handle the comment … but still …

Oh well, you know that yourself, of course, but I had to let you know among all the halalujah here and what will come :grin::innocent:

:see_no_evil: missed that :joy:

Ps: I will definitely put this one on again… today and yesterday it is already the 3rd song (actually 5th but 3 they came from 1 person) that I can really enjoy… good harvest :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is ‘In the Neighbourhood’.

1 Like

Cheers, JK

I only laid down simple downstrums for the draft structure with the Trio+, which I sent to the others. Everything was then replaced one by one.
I do still occasionally play though :rofl:
Gotta try all the facilities at least once, eh? and it was a way to get Halloween in there :wink:

Thank you so much, Jasmine, and a warm welcome to the Community.
In your own time, why not pop over the Introduce yourself section and share a little how you came to join this lovely group? :grinning:

I have a reputation to uphold :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Definitely a treat Brian and loved the accompanying video. Happy Halloween to you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

that was great! Do wish I could have seen video of you, but this was an excellent production…so I guess we’ll let it slide!

1 Like

Who’s funeral is it…? :wink: :slight_smile:

@brianlarsen Nice production and performance Brian, has made me smile as usual, I agree with Stefan’s end of the night feel, maybe more tipsy than drunk perhaps…I presume you’re not tracking identities with the poll!!!

1 Like