Leaving Marrakesh, another original

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo, Mal, an original with a great vibe and energy. Enjoyed the variation of chords that added some different textures to it. well done and thanks for sharing.

That was a very enjoyable listening, thank you for sharing. I loved the choice of chords and the energetic rhythm. English is not my mothertongue and itโ€™s a pity I couldnโ€™t fully understanding the lyrics.

Great idea to use triads here Mal, and what a great song you did bravo!

Great work Mister Songsmith @Malz!

I would head Don Mclean sing this!

Eddie, thank you for your kind words. Pleased you enjoyed the song.

Hi Brian, do not know this song, loved the video though, it reminds me of the first time we were there. As you say, different geography, but the cultures have much in common. Not yet made it to Afghanistan, and as it is now, maybe not. I do enjoy reading an Afghan writer Idries Shah though, now passed, he was an erudite intelligent writer, should you ever come across him, he is worth a look. No problem with the hijack. :grinning:
Forgot to mention, goats in trees. :crazy_face:

Hi Leonid, thank you, pleased you enjoyed the song.

Thanks David, yes the open E shape triad provide a drone which I enjoy and suits the vibe of the song. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Hi Silvia, pleased you enjoyed the song and the rhythm, as the song concerns travel I was going for a soft driving beat.

1 Like

Hi Adrian, yes I love the sound of the triads in these positions, pleased you enjoyed the song.

Hi Lieven, thank you for the kind words. I do not think I am able to write like Mr Mclean yet though. Pleased you enjoyed the song.

1 Like

Well at least youโ€™ve got a good feeling for โ€œvibeโ€ and youโ€™re putting out songs (making you more productive than I am in that department!)

I am putting my output and desire to share down to this wonderful sharing, supportive community. I thank you.

3 Likes

Great song, always admire originals, something that seems beyond me. Bygone era we could do with now.

Great song Mal you are a very talented man :clap:t2: :clap:t2: looking forward to hearing more.

Trevor, pleased you enjoyed the song, thank you.

Thank you Nancy, will try not to disappoint.

1 Like

That was superb Mal. What a great original. Lovely playing and singing.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but I though I could hear a slight buzz when you really got going on the guitar, so not sure if you just need to tweak the volume level on your guitar.

Hi Stefan, thank you, pleased you enjoyed the song. Not sure about the buzz, it might have been harmonics, but my production is not yet as it should be. :smiley:

1 Like